We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable Hotel Heading North??

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hove, UK
3 posts
Save Topic
Reasonable Hotel Heading North??

Hi,

I arrive mid evening in Brisbane on 14th for one night...heading off to Noosa the next morning to stay with friends. I don't really want to drive all that way on unfamiliiar roads in the dark. Are there any nice hotels within a short driving distance of the airport, probably heading north? Not to keen on an airport Motel. A drink, some good food and a decent bed are the main requirements. Cost not an issue.

Thanks in advance.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,726 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonable Hotel Heading North??

Not sure what you call reasonable but heading north away from the airport I think of Virginia Palms Motel- probably a 15 mins drive on a good run- straight alond East/West arterial Road to Sandgate Raod and then straight north along it until you reach the motel. On a sunday Evening this should be an easy drive.

It has a good reputation but I have not checked out any reviews on TA. I know people who have gone there for weddings and i have gone htere for conferences and the food is nice.

Their web site is showing last minute bookings- room and breakfast for 2 people at $169 for both (not per person) valid until 31 of March.

http://www.palmsinternational.com.au/default.asp?PageID=5&n=Accommodation+2D+Virginia+Palms

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonable Hotel Heading North??

The Novotel at the airport has opened. It's new so should be fine. Why not stay there overnight and head off fresh the next morning?

accorhotels.com/gb/…media.shtml

Edited: 19 February 2010, 22:55
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonable Hotel Heading North??

I too was going to suggest the new Novotel although it is definately an 'airport' hotel....

Otherwise take a quick trip into the CBD fringe suburb of Fortitude Valley and stay at Emporium Hotel ( currently #1 on TA) which is in a very trendy precinct and completely surrounded by some of Brisbanes best restaurants,cafes and bars. You will still be on the Northern side of town and close to the Gateway arterial road which will take you straight to Noosa.

I assume you are driving up to Noosa so perhaps organise to pick your car up in the morning or have it delivered to the hotel ?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
145 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reasonable Hotel Heading North??

The fastest way to get to Noosa is using the Gateway Arterial Road which joins the highway north of the city. This road can easily be joined at the airport. There are no hotels on this road or on the highway once it joins with it. If your plans are to go straight to Noosa, I would definitely stay at the Novotel, it is right on Airport Drive, brand new, not in a bad position and one minute from the road to Noosa. If you go to Carseldine or Fortitude Valley you will need to negotiate Brisbane traffic and in the morning you will have a longer drive to Noosa.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,726 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reasonable Hotel Heading North??

Stalexcal- IMO heading north on the Monday morning shouldn't be a problem as the peak hour traffic is going the other way.

I too was going to suggest the Novotel- agree OP should consider it but they did ask for suggestions not near the airport. I too think the Emporium is a great place to stay. Great restaurants esp the Tapas place- its name eludes me.

Virginia Palms ithought is not far off the road heading north as heading back into the Emporium would be and would put you in the direction you were wanting to travel.

Hove, UK
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Reasonable Hotel Heading North??

Thanks for all the help...much appreciated. Going to stay at the airport, pick the car up monday morning and head north then.

Regards

7. Re: Reasonable Hotel Heading North??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2010, 05:19