We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is a good seafood buffet in Brisbane???

Brisbane
3 posts
Save Topic
Where is a good seafood buffet in Brisbane???

I am looking for a really great seafood buffet dinner in Brisbane. We love great seafood but would also like a nice experience. Does anyone have any recommendations??

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is a good seafood buffet in Brisbane???

The locals say the Marriott Hotel has the best although I haven't been there yet myself. Try Wilsons Boathouse at Portside if you like good seafood, not buffet though.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is a good seafood buffet in Brisbane???

I have to agree with Surfoz, if you want great seafood and good service then you should pay a visit to Wilsons Boathouse at Portside. And if you want a bit of a mix of seafood opt for one of their platters.

www.wilsonsboathouse.com.au/ham_venue.html

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,822 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is a good seafood buffet in Brisbane???

hi lotus-xs. If you have a car and are flexible with when Morgans out at Redcliffe are meant to have a wonderful seafood buffet on a Thursday Night. I haven't eaten there myself (as I am a Queenslander who does not like seafood but other family member rave over it.) Not as upmarket as the Marriott but don't know what your price range is.

www.morganseafood.com.au/rest/rest_buffet.htm

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
691 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is a good seafood buffet in Brisbane???

what about the sofitel in the city on sat nights? they do excellent buffets for breakfast and dinner. they do "themed nights". maybe ring to verify.

Edited: 02 May 2010, 09:07
South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where is a good seafood buffet in Brisbane???

the national hotel (cnr queen and adelaide) used to have the best seafood buffet in town. was called a smorgasbord in those days. a couple of drinks at warren's bar beforehand and then all the prawns and crab u could eat. life was good.

all gone now.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,358 posts
1,659 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where is a good seafood buffet in Brisbane???

I would also recommend Wilsons Boathouse for fresh seafood. Dined there on a few occasions and the food was superb. Unfortunately not a buffet.

We have previously dined at Rydges at Southbank where the seafood buffet was good.

Tommo

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where is a good seafood buffet in Brisbane???

Hi Lien

How long ago did you visit the National Hotel? You must be as old as I am to remember that! :)

Yes all demolished now but the memories remain!

Edited: 03 May 2010, 11:22
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,133 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where is a good seafood buffet in Brisbane???

while the old codgers are tripping down memory lane ;-), I would have to agree that the best 'buffets' are probably Petries (Marriott), Sofitel, Rydges or The Walnut Room at the Royal on the Park - all much of a muchness and all on Friday and Saturday nights.

For Seafood 'restaurants' - Jellyfish, Wilson & Gambaros.

Brisbane
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where is a good seafood buffet in Brisbane???

Wow!!

Thanks so much everyone, so helpfull!! So many options, getting hungry just thinking about it. Sounds like ill have to go out a few dinners so I can try them all.

Thanks again everyone

brisbane
Level Contributor
41 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where is a good seafood buffet in Brisbane???

Morgans seafood buffet at Redcliffe (40min drive north of brisbane) is awesome. They also have a great tepenyaki bar next door ;-). The restaurant is located right on the wharf where the trawlers come in... you can't go wrong...