We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August Weather

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
332 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
August Weather

Hello

I was considering a trip to NZ or Aus in August. Apparently it is still deep winter in NZ. So I am now thinking of Brisbane. Can someone tell me what the weather is like in Brisbane in August or end of July ? I am interested in all manner of outdoor activities and other cultural/historical events. Thanks.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: August Weather

bom.gov.au/climate/…cw_040842.shtml

gk
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: August Weather

brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/a-warmer-wet…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: August Weather

Maybe it's too late to post since August is almost over and July has been and gone. For a rough guide to the Brisbane weather in August, check out:

world-weather-travellers-guide.com/…August

Cheers.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
189 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: August Weather

In my opinion August is one of the worst months to visit Brisbane.

The Westerly winds always come for part of August and make outdoor activities, and simply going outdoors at all, very unpleasant. The winds are always followed by the flu season.

August also brings the last burst of winter weather.

Wait another month or so if you can - September and October are fantastic.

mowngrass
Level Contributor
16 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: August Weather

Sitting in Brisbane atm - looking outside it is 25 deg C. Slight breeze - had a bit of rain two days ago...nights have been about 12 deg... Hope that helps

6. Re: August Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Brisbane