We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

arriving at 1230am. Car rental to GC or night stay at city

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
arriving at 1230am. Car rental to GC or night stay at city

Hi we are arriving ard 1230 am and we plan to stay in GC follow by Sunshine coast before we depart. Is there a car rental company which open till late ? cos most major car rental i've checked close at 12am.

Or should i stay at the hotel near airport or city and pick up the rental car the next morning? If over night stay is recommended may i know

1. estimate cost of taxi fare for 4A 4 C to city, is taxi easily available at that hour?

2. hotel with budget around A$150 per night

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5,507 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: arriving at 1230am. Car rental to GC or night stay at city

I was in Brisbane last week and the hotel nearest the airport is very close to a round-about (traffic circle) under construction/modification.

In your place, I'd take a hotel in the city & head down to the Gold Coast next morning. www.wotif.com.au will give you some leads.

Many people prefer a self catering apartment (more space, facilities, often better rates).

Have a look at Fortitude Valley & New Farm.

Taxis will be available at the International Terminal. Probably cost about $40 to the CBD.

This link might be useful for comparing car rental prices etc.

vroomvroomvroom.com.au/content/Brisbane-Car-…

You may find car rental is a little cheaper than at the airport, too.

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,249 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: arriving at 1230am. Car rental to GC or night stay at city

Z3, Hope you'll be alert to make the drive. Hate to think of you coming in after a long flight into a city you've may have never driven in before and get behind the wheel to save a few $$$$. Perhaps a sleep before you set out could be the go.

Oscar

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: arriving at 1230am. Car rental to GC or night stay at city

Yes Z3 definitely stay overnight in Brisbane and drive to the Gold Coast next morning.

Pre book a maxi taxi for the number of people in your part.

yellowcab.com.au/fleet-services/…

http://www.blackandwhitecabs.com.au/cms/pages/BM_Menu/FOR+PASSENGERS/MAXI+Cabs/!/display.html

You will also more than likely need two rooms.

Avis and Hertz both have pick up locations in the city. Compare hotel rooms in the city at www.wotif.com

Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: arriving at 1230am. Car rental to GC or night stay at city

Thanks for the advice and tips :)

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: arriving at 1230am. Car rental to GC or night stay at city

Hey,

I would recommend

www.alphacarhire.com.au

(Alpha Car Hire)

to you as I believe they meet your needs for this trip very well.

They are very close to the airport (5 mins) and also have branches in other places like City and Gold Coast, but yea just as you said, you might still have to find a place to stay for the night as their opening hour is from 5:00am - 11:00pm, unfortunately.

Additionally, you get a free shuttle service to and from the airport once booking is made.

I enjoyed their service and the price it, and I hope you do, too.

Have a nice trip!

6. Re: arriving at 1230am. Car rental to GC or night stay at city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2011, 05:15