We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which area would suit me best in Brisbane

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Which area would suit me best in Brisbane

Hi, I'm stopping over for 4 days in Brisbane on the way to NZ. I've searched for hotels but don't know which area would be best for me. I'm a pensioner so I'm not looking for nightlife. Just wanted to break the journey from UK

TIA

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which area would suit me best in Brisbane

Have a look around Southbank. Its a lovely precinct full of parklands, cafes, boutiques and even a manmade beach yet only a short stroll over the bridge to the CBD. Great views and lovely walks (and there is also the Museum and Art Gallery for a bit of culture)....

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which area would suit me best in Brisbane

Totally agree with Southbank but it may depend on what you like doing and your budget of course.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which area would suit me best in Brisbane

Thank you very much for your help. That sounds perfect. I was in Brisbane once many years ago but only for a day so couldn't relate to any of the place names. I'll concentrate on hotels there.

Thanks again

gk
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which area would suit me best in Brisbane

Totally agree with everyone else. You'll have a ball. :)

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which area would suit me best in Brisbane

Thank you everyone for your help

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
375 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which area would suit me best in Brisbane

Yeah I agree the Southbank area is pretty nice - there are not a massive amount of hotels over that side of the river though, so if you get stuck just look for some up the top of the CBD around the top of the Queen Street Mall or along George Street, they are within close reach of the Southbank Precinct.

7. Re: Which area would suit me best in Brisbane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2011, 05:16