We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feedback needed on Itinerary

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Feedback needed on Itinerary

Hi everyone,

Me and my family will be visiting Brisbane from 18th to 29th Dec. We will be staying in Brisbane.

We have come up with an itinerary and we hope to receive some feedback on it. The details as shown below:

Saturday - 18th December (half day starting from 2pm)

1.Mount Coot-tha lookout

2.Mount Coot-botanic gardens,cultural trail - 1.5KM

Sunday - 19th Dec (whole day)

1.Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary Park

Monday - 20th Dec (whole day)

1.Seaworld

Tuesday - 21st Dec (whole day)

1.Warner Bros Movie World

Wednesday - 22nd Dec (whole day)

1.Brisbane River cruise using City Cat Ferry

2.Queensland Art Gallery

3.Queensland Museum

4.Museum of Brisbane

5.Eagle street pier

6.Queen Street Mall

7.South Bank Park Lands

Thursday - 23rd Dec (whole day)

1.Australian Zoo

Friday - 24th Dec (whole day)

1. Moreton Island/South Stradboke Island

2. Welcome any other suggestions.

Saturday - 25th Dec (whole day)

1. Shorn Cliffe Beach

2. Any other beaches in Gold Coast area?

Sunday - 26th Dec

1.Wine Tasting

2.Open to suggestions

Monday - 27th Dec

1.Open to suggestions

Tuesday - 28th Dec

1.Open to suggestions

Wednesday - 29th Dec

1.Open to suggestions

Thanks a lot..

Gaya..

The Vino Bus - Winery Tours
Wine Tours & Tastings , Private Tours, Bus Tours
Tash Maree Travel
Wine Tours & Tastings , Beer Tastings & Tours, Private Tours
Pterodactyl Helicopters
Helicopter Tours, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Food Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Eco Safaris Queensland
City Tours, Private Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,135 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feedback needed on Itinerary

Well it's nice to see you are pacing yourself (relatively) slowly with generally one main activity per day. Remember Australia is a very big country and distance are much greater than you are used to...

Firstly you need to remember 25/26 are public holidays and almost nothinng will be open. 27/28 are also holidays and many things will still be closed - this is Australia's main annual holiday break....

A fee other quick points :-

It is not possible to visit Moreton ISland and South STradbroke on the same day. Each would require an entire day in themselves and ,imo you are far better off going to NOrth Stradbroke island than south....

Shorncliffe beach is not a tourist attraction and is not really a beach but rather a bayside suburb.

Eagles street Pier is home to some good restaurants (with more opening soon) but is not, in fact, a Pier.

As for suggestions.....I assume you have a car ?

I would suggest day trips to The Sunshine Coast (same distance as the Gold COast but in the opposite direction), Mt Mee , Sunshine Coast HInterland and Mt TAmborine.

See the FAQ on the right called ' things to do in Brisbane' for more information

:-)

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feedback needed on Itinerary

Agree with 40ish, I'd take a day trip to Moreton Island, where's lots to see and do there. It's a large sand island and national park.

North Stradbroke would be my choice also, (not South Stradbroke) ferry leaves from Cleveland and there is a local bus service to take you from Dunwich over to Point Lookout, with some beautiful walks around North Gorge, fantastic views.

I'd also add in a day trip to the Southern Moreton Bay Islands, perhaps take a picnic lunch to Karragarra Island, but go on high tide, or drop into Macleay Island for lunch at the Golf Club or Bowls Club (on the water) the clubs have a courtesy bus ring them first. Ferry leaves from Redland Bay.

Christmas Day is on 25th December and nothing will be open. I highly recommend booking for a Christmas lunch, or take a picnic to the City Botanic Gardens right on the river. (organise the food for this the day before on Christmas Eve)

Have a look at www.visitbrisbane.com.au

Have a wonderful stay.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,906 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Feedback needed on Itinerary

I agree with the others.

I assume you will be staying in Brisbane the entire time and will have a car.

If you get time , you could go on a short scenic drive from Brisbane to Mt Glorious, picnic area, rainforest, tea houses, bell birds...

Wine tastine - Sirromet Winery or Mt Tamborine

I would also suggest

day trip - north of Brisbane - drive north of Australia Zoo to Eumundi and Noosa on the Sunshine Coast, drive back via Mooloolaba and Caloundra, beautiful beaches. Another day trip could be to the hinterland, Montville,. Kondalilla Falls, Mapleton, Maleny.

day trip - south of Brisbane - Mt Tamborine, O'Reillys

day trip - Beaches of Gold Coast, Burleigh Heads, Coolangatta.

Hope this helps

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Feedback needed on Itinerary

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the feedback.. :) will revise the itinerary.... Yes, we will have a car with us but we might be using the public transportation in between. Can someone explain about the Go card?

Besides that, any suggestions for shopping areas in Brisbane?

Thank you.

Gaya..

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,258 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Feedback needed on Itinerary

There are a couple of things to think about with your itinerary.

1) If you are going to allocate time cruising the Brisbane River you may very well be able to do this by catching the ferry to Lone Pine Koala sanctuary.

www.koala.net/index.php/boat-cruise.html

2) There is a hop on hop off bus that you can use that will orientate you to the areas of Brisbane. This will take you to Mt Coot-tha lookout as well as the gardens. It also goes through Southbank, China town, Eagle Street Pier, Paddington. This will knock a whole lot of things off your list and you can get out and enjoy each stop at your leisure. Just check the frequency of buses as well as start and end times on their site. I would advise you print out the timetable and keep it with you so you know when the next bus is coming. Also,if you were to do this on the Sunday instead of the Saturday you would take in the markets at Eagle Street Pier which operate from 7.00am to 2pm.

http://www.citysights.com.au/home/default.asp

As you will note on the site you can use the city cat service with it, so once again this will get you on the river.

As far as the GO card is concerned It will cost you a refundable $10 for each card and then you'll need to top each of them up. I really think you could get around without it as you can still purchase fares from stations, buses and ferrys.

translink.com.au/tickets-and-fares/go-card

Last but not least have a look at te Brisbane inside out guide

www.visitbrisbane.com.au/Travel/VisitorGuide/

Oscar

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Feedback needed on Itinerary

Hi there!

Some suggestions for shopping in Brisbane:

- Queen Street Mall in the city for general high street shopping

- Westfield Chermside shopping centre also for general high street shopping (but this is about 20 minutes north of Brisbane city by car)

- James Street, New Farm for boutique shopping. Also lots of nice cafes in this area.

- Eagle Street Markets at Eagle St Pier on Sunday mornings for arts and craft and also some casual clothes

- DFO near Brisbane Airport for the discount factory outlets

7. Re: Feedback needed on Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2011, 06:41