We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Welcome Barmy Army

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
Welcome Barmy Army

Enjoy our beautiful city, spend all your money and may the better side, (Australia) win the Ashes!

Edited: 24 November 2010, 22:25
South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,027 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Welcome Barmy Army

Barmians, welcome from me too.

You may find this website on Brisbane resources useful: http://www.brisbaneusa.com/

Luigi

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,250 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Welcome Barmy Army

Very funny luigi

Oscar

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,133 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Welcome Barmy Army

Lol Luigi,

Yes Welcome Barmy Army - we're counting on you to visit many licensed watering holes and drop lots of hard earned English wages ;-)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,133 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Welcome Barmy Army

and Luigi - you're not going to fool anyone with that link. That one is for Bris-BAIN !

Edited: 25 November 2010, 08:40
Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Welcome Barmy Army

Forget luigi's site go to Hob Barrrrtttt

seriously go to the real brisbane sites

www.ourbrisbane.com

or

www.visitbrisbane.com.au

love the post surfoz

and also go to AWA website (Australia Wins Ashes)

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,027 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Welcome Barmy Army

You lot have no idea how hard it was to find that link!!! I have saved it for just such an opportunity as this. Thanks, Surfoz. :)

Luigi

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,239 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Welcome Barmy Army

Thanks mate for the welcome.

Although not travelling this time ( sadly restricted to highlights next day) but have several friends who are currently enjoying your hospitality. I'd pass on your welcome to them.

It's only day one of 5 tests. Let's see who has the last laugh on 7th Jan at SCG.

Cheers

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Welcome Barmy Army

Good riddance Balmy Army!

Well well one must eat one's words sometimes sob sob

Congratulations to England, you played very well and deserved the win.

Until next time then, ok Balmy Army time to go home and gloat there now.

Commiserations to the fine Aussie team, keep up the hard work and dedication, next time!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,858 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Welcome Barmy Army

Congrats England - you deserved your win and (as much as it pains me to say it) we deserved to lose. I'm a cricket-tragic and The Ashes is the pinnacle but I must be maturing in my old age, because a few years ago I would have been desolate and felt like slitting my wrists LOL whereas now I just feel the better men won ;-) **

I loved listening to the Barmy Army's songs and trumpet (whereas when we play on the subcontinent I have to turn the sound down because I detest listening to their discordant drums et al .....)

(** we had years and years and years of being the best in the world and England had years and years and years of playing cr@p--- now it's our turn LOL but watch out, we'll be back with a vengeance before long)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,824 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Welcome Barmy Army

Must admit I ran into a few poms over in the UK who couldn't help themselves.

Went to a TALF pubmeet (Trip Advisor London Forum) while there and am sure a couple of them couldn't wait to meet the "Aussie" as it was on the evening of the loss in Melbourne.

I even asked the UK Immigration guy if I had to answer one of his question. On leaving Paris on the morning they won the Sydney Test was asked - "Have you been keeping up with the cricket over the last few days?"

Yep Marmalade- like you too I remember history and after acknowledging their win, did give them a little history lesson.