We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable Family Accomadation - Brisbane

Skala, Greece
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonable Family Accomadation - Brisbane

Hi, we are travelling to Brisbane in December to catch up with family, we would like to spend a couple days at Tangaloomna, but other than that we just want to chill out and see the sights. (Maybe a trip up the sunshine coast too?)

We are struggling to find reasonable family accomadation - can anyone help? x

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonable Family Accomadation - Brisbane

Do you have a budget?

Skala, Greece
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonable Family Accomadation - Brisbane

Cheap!!! LOL.

I'd say about £500 a week max.

Thanks

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonable Family Accomadation - Brisbane

Have a look at these links they may be helpful

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255068-i461-k4053…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255068-i461-k4127…

tripadvisor.com/…28946919

happy planning

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reasonable Family Accomadation - Brisbane

Have a look at Southbank , Central Hillcrest may come close to your budget.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reasonable Family Accomadation - Brisbane

If you don't mind staying out of the Brisbane City (and travelling in by bus), you could consider staying around Chermside (on Brisbane's northside). It's approximately 10km from the city. You'd need to weigh up the cost of bus travel (particularly if you are paying for several fares). The Brisbane bus info site is:

http://www.translink.com.au/

There's a reasonably priced motel next to Westfield Chermside shopping centre (on Gympie Road), which also has a bus interchange.

www.chermsidegreen.com.au/index.php…

And if you want to head for the Sunshine Coast, you can easily access the Bruce Highway from Chermside. My suggestion for the Sunshine Coast (if you are travelling with children) is Mooloolaba - it's got everything for the family!

Hope this info is useful.

Skala, Greece
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reasonable Family Accomadation - Brisbane

Thanks for all your replies, everything is looking a bit pricey at the moment, so I think I'll leave it nearer the time to book something! Thanks again x

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Reasonable Family Accomadation - Brisbane

Hi fionapyle

I just booked the Riverside Hotel South Bank and it was only $120 AUD per night. It is situated right on the river as the name suggests and in the CBD. I will be staying there on the 25th of this month. There are lots of restaurants around and it is only a short trip to the airport. I didn't enquire about family rooms as I only needed a twin room but it would be worth your while to enquire.

You will find the hotel listed on most of the web sites Wotif , Latestay etc.

Regards

Ozlady55

Skala, Greece
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reasonable Family Accomadation - Brisbane

ooohhh that sounds a bit more in our price range! I'll have a look that, thank you! Would love to hear how you got on! Thanks xxxx

9. Re: Reasonable Family Accomadation - Brisbane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 12:15