We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideal wedding venues in and around Brisbane

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
4 posts
Save Topic
Ideal wedding venues in and around Brisbane

I haves booked a holiday in Brisbane in December and intend to get married over there. Does anyone have any suggestions about venues, there will only be 6 of us and would like to have a nice family meal afterwards. Open to suggestions, a lot of information I have managed to get is for large wedding party's. Kyla

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideal wedding venues in and around Brisbane

It's difficult to answer this one when you make no mention of where you are staying, where the wedding will be held (eg park, beach, church) if you want a restaurant, budget etc

If you supply more information including where you are coming from, you may get more answers to your question.

all the best with the wedding.

4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideal wedding venues in and around Brisbane

We will be staying with my brother in Brisbane but have booked a short stay Mackay and Sydney but our stay will be from around the 10thdec to 6thjan 12 . I realise that should be really warm so I am keeping an open mind as to where to have my wedding. Coming from the uk it sounds idyllic getting married on the beach but will it be too warm?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideal wedding venues in and around Brisbane

it will be very hot, especially if the blokes are wearing suits.

Maybe look at one of the Gold or Sunshine coast hotels. many of them offer packages for small group weddings that include accomodation, ceremony and photos etc. They cost a bit but it takes the hassle out of trying find local suppliers for everything.

without knowing your budget for the wedding it is a bit hard to offer anything further

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ideal wedding venues in and around Brisbane

Have a look at ourbrisbane.com/shopping/weddings/brisbane-w…

Also New Farm Park at Newstead is a popular park for weddings on the River.

For beach weddings look at North Stradbroke Island or Moreton Island, both about 1 hour by ferry from Brisbane.

Or as Georgia says, the Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast has many venues for beach weddings.

Happy planning

4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ideal wedding venues in and around Brisbane

Thank you for your replies, I will have to spend a few hours looking through the Internet. I understand that The Spirit House Iin Noosa is a great place and will be looking further into this. adly, there are only a few photos of the venue. many thanks for your interest, I Am so looking forward to the trip. regards

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ideal wedding venues in and around Brisbane

The Spirit House is a fantastic Thai restuarant and cooking school with beautiful scenery and gardens. It is in Yandina though - about a 20 minute drive inland from Noosa.

It will be difficult to get a 'venue' per se for a small group of 6 - if it was me I was look for a ceremony on the beach/park somewhere and then lunch/dinner at a restaurant nearby and wouldnt even tell the restaurant you are a wedding party - the price will only increase and there is not much they will do for you in addition anyway...

The first thing to do is talk to wedding celebrants at the destinations you are thinking as they will be aware of the council restrictions etc...in their local area. Sounds silly I know but you still have to make 'bookings' even to use rotundas in parks and have beach ceremonies in many places. If your budget runs to it a wedding planner can do all that and more.....

Point Lookout on North Stradbroke Island is a popular choice for many small weddings and a very very beautiful one too....;-)

Edited: 17 February 2011, 09:07
Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,249 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ideal wedding venues in and around Brisbane

I'm with 40ish on the Spirit House, Love it. The food is amazing but you should have a liking of water dragons as they are in good supply here.

I'd also suggest heading up to the Sunshine Coast

There are often weddings at the Mantra Mooloolaba Beach as it has a covered are area out the front that looks out to the beach and I have seen many a wedding here. You may however have to stay at the hotel to utilise this facility.

http://www.mantramooloolababeach.com.au/

Click on images and scroll along until you get to "Garden - Mantra Mooloolaba Beach",

There is also a new restaurant there called M@Mooloolaba. Mausgrass is our resident foodie so he could probably vouch whether it's any good or not.

http://www.matmooloolaba.com.au/

Another choice would be the Boatshed at Cotton Tree. You could be married barefoot on the sandy shores of the Maroochy river and have lunch at the restaurant.

http://www.boatshed.net.au/

Oscar

Brisbane Australia
Level Contributor
56 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ideal wedding venues in and around Brisbane

Reid's Place at Scarborough is a popular venue for garden weddings. Scarborough is a suburb of Redcliffe, about 30 minutes north of Brisbane, and has many nice waterfront restaurants in close proximity where you could have a nice meal after the ceremony. It also has on-site accommodation at the wedding venue

http://www.reidsplace.com.au/

uk
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ideal wedding venues in and around Brisbane

I hope your wedding goes well and wish you all the love and happiness in the world.! If you need a wedding venue in Brisbane maybe this page will help you out: brisbanewebguide.com.au/1/…

good luck!

4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Ideal wedding venues in and around Brisbane

Thank you for your response. I have tried to access their website with out success maybe the iPad won't accept the adobe settings. I will have to look at the site when I get the laptop back from repair, I didn't realise how difficult this is going to be when deciding to get married the other side of the world.Thanks again