We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brisbane airport - Midnight - 6am ??

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
5 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Brisbane airport - Midnight - 6am ??

Hi,

I shall be arriving into Brisbane on an Emirates flight in Sept. at 00.40 - and then flying out the same morning at 06.15 on either Virgin Blue or Jetstar to Cairns.

I know the Domestic terminal check-ins open 2 hours prior to flights, but are there any decent seating areas landside to wait the 4 hours prior to check-in? I know I could go to one of the local hotels, but seems pointless for 4 hours.

Suggestions appreciated, Thanks

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,250 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brisbane airport - Midnight - 6am ??

Are you eligible to use the Emirates lounge at Brisbane airport? Otherwise you may find the seating in bothe Domestic and International airports slightly uncomfortable. Unfortunately there is not alot around the airport itself.

Oscar

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brisbane airport - Midnight - 6am ??

Have a look at the reviews section of the guide for sleeping in airports,

This has been raised before on TA and it was suggested that Brisbane rates well as an airport for a comfy sleep.

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
5 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brisbane airport - Midnight - 6am ??

Many thanks for the info - I have checked out the website. Good comments, think I'll save a few dollars and kip on the seats.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brisbane airport - Midnight - 6am ??

Brisbane Domestic isn't too bad as a matter of fact. My advice would be to proceed down the Jetstar and Tiger Terminal where is has been recently fitted out with comfortable seating.

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
5 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brisbane airport - Midnight - 6am ??

Many thanks Intravol, I shall give it a try

Perth, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Brisbane airport - Midnight - 6am ??

Hi folks,

Me, my wife and our 6 years old will be arriving at Brisbane domestic airport on a saturday morning 5:30 AM and i cant check in at hotel before 2 pm.

any suggestions on where we can go and spend some time in the early morning?

Thanks.

Edited: 20 April 2011, 10:07
Brisbane
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brisbane airport - Midnight - 6am ??

I'd suggest heading into the city and having a walk around Southbank. All the coffee shops will be open and you can view the parklands or walk over to the botanical gardens prior to the art gallery and museum opening. You could also catch a citycat (ferry) as i believe they will be running from ~7am on the weekends.

The train from the airport to the city is expensive ($A25 return each), or a cab would cost around $A44 to the city.

Singapore
Level Contributor
191 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brisbane airport - Midnight - 6am ??

Hi,

I am also arriving at Brisbane airport via Emirates at 00:40 with a couple of friends. Planning to either go straight to Gold Coast or stay around Brisbane for a day or two before going to Gold Coast.

Any advice/ suggestion what should we do? Should we hang around and rest at the airport? And what are the transport options at this time other than cab?

Thanks

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Brisbane airport - Midnight - 6am ??

why not bite the bullet and book for the night before and go straight to your hotel room......esp with a 6 yo! sheesh!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Brisbane airport - Midnight - 6am ??

I'm also arriving on Emirates at the Brisbane airport at 12.40am... and I'm wondering if there is any transportation to get to Gold Coast at that hour? My service apartment is in Broadbeach and I won't be able to check in till 2pm... just wondering how I can spend the hours till day break to kill time.

Probably best thing to do is to grab some shuteye, but seems pointless to pay for a hotel for just a couple of hours.