We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brisbane airport transfer options

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Preston, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Brisbane airport transfer options

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for airport transfers from Brisbane domestic airport to Brisbane CBD (staying at the Holiday Inn Brisbane, near Roma St))? I will be taking my trip in September and arriving at the airport mid afternoon.

I would like to pre-book a shuttle transfer and would like to know a good company to book this with. I have seem that CoachTrans are reasonable prices. Does anyone have any experiences of these?

Thanks

Nicola

gk
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brisbane airport transfer options

Hi Nicola,

Yes I've used them before and they're fine. You can see a list of other options in the "How do I get to the city from the airport?" top question on the right hand side.

Edited: 16 May 2011, 22:49
Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,249 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brisbane airport transfer options

The Airtrain will take you to Roma street station which is right next to the Holiday Inn.

www.airtrain.com.au

Oscar

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brisbane airport transfer options

Thanks for the replies.

I have looked at the AirTrain and this would be ok from the airport to hotel, but my flight back out of Brisbane is after midnight and the AirTrain stops a few hours before this, so I would be sat at the airport for a few hours. I think a shuttle transfer/taxi would be the best option.

BIGGERA WATERS
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Brisbane airport transfer options

coachtrans gives excellent service for brisbane airport transfers

Perth
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brisbane airport transfer options

Get in touch with Smart Move Mini-Bus, I just used them and they were fantastic! Professional, reliable and good price.

6. Re: Brisbane airport transfer options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 July 2011, 10:05
7. Re: Brisbane airport transfer options

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 July 2011, 10:05
Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,249 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brisbane airport transfer options

Coachtrans are the only licenced operator for the Brisbane airport. Must be doing something right. You have now posted the same information 4 times which is getting close to spamming which I have reported it as.

Oscar

9. Re: Brisbane airport transfer options

Removed on: 23 July 2011, 11:05
Edited: 23 July 2011, 11:05
Preston, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Brisbane airport transfer options

Thanks for the comments

If I don't use a transfer service, I could take the Airtrain as I'm staying at the Holiday Inn near the Transit Centre, but due to flight times going back to the airport, I would need to get a taxi for the return journey.

Does anyone know the approximate cost of taking a taxi to the airport from Brisbane CBD and if the cost goes up after a certain time? I would be going back to the airport approx 10pm.