We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancs, England
Level Contributor
243 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay

Stopping in Brisbane for a few nights mid December. Any advice on where to stay? Mid range hotel required. I have looked at the Holiday Inn as it seems to get good reviews here. Want to be pretty central so can anyone suggest anywhere else please?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
29,857 posts
1,348 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

Try the Sir Stamford..wonderful position on the river, with great restaurants in hotel and also a few minutes walk along the riverfront, you will find some more..easy walk to the main centre of the city.Wharf for the ferries are also at hand.

Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
101 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

I've stayed at the Hillcrest which is minutes from Southbank, the cultural centre of Brisbane and home of 'the beach' that has been constructed. The tiles were a little dated but it was spacious, clean, well equipped and very good value I thought at $100 (was a 'special' price but not very 'special' I recall!!!) I haven't checked out their review on here... better go and do that!

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
752 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay

Stamford is the best. Can get it for about $200 inc. breakfast on their website.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,850 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay

Carlton Crest and Country Comfort

Lennons is central.