We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leading NZ Car Rental Company opens in Brisbane

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,069 posts
206 reviews
Save Topic
Leading NZ Car Rental Company opens in Brisbane

One of New Zealands leading car rental companies has just opened at Brisbane Airport. Visitors to NZ have often asked me as a local DE what companies I recommend and I have had no hestitation in recommending this one. It is a company I use and recommend and will I am sure provide some stiff competition for Brisbanes Rental car market

Their website is: http://www.apexrentals.com.au/default.aspx

gk
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leading NZ Car Rental Company opens in Brisbane

I hope they do well here - we've used them on 2 trips to NZ and found them to be great.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leading NZ Car Rental Company opens in Brisbane

Thanks Bean I'm going to try them out in Queenstown next week and will come back and let you know what I think. They were the cheapest off all even with corporate discounts with the usual suspects.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,069 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leading NZ Car Rental Company opens in Brisbane

THey dont appear to be the cheapest in greater Brisbane but its early days yet. If their Australian service is up to their NZ service then we will have another significant player in the market

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,597 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leading NZ Car Rental Company opens in Brisbane

Who will you use bean, Alpha or change your allegiance to Apex?

I will use Apex on your recommendation, but will not and advise anyone not to use Alpha anywhere any time.

Edited: 23 July 2011, 13:02
Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,069 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leading NZ Car Rental Company opens in Brisbane

Brio the jury is still out on this. I have had great service from both companies and will continue to recommend both. As Apex has just opened in Australia we have yet to see how the operation runs. Currently I have an issue with Apex's pricing in Aust in deference to Alpha based on costings Alpha chraged me two weeks ago and what Apex are charging on their website. I have highlighted this differential to Apex NZ and we will see what develops.

6. Re: Leading NZ Car Rental Company opens in Brisbane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 03:16