We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat in Brisbane City on a Friday night?

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hervey Bay
Level Contributor
110 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Where to eat in Brisbane City on a Friday night?

Hi

Will be in Brisbane this Friday night to see the Jersey Boys. Wondering where to eat in the city or at Southbank before the show. Good food and not too pricey.

Thanks so much

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to eat in Brisbane City on a Friday night?

Have a look at this recent thread

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g255068-i461-k5…

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
364 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to eat in Brisbane City on a Friday night?

What do you like to eat?

I like the value we get at The Little Greek Taverna at West End (Walking distance).

I was impressed with Mado at South Brisbane for Turkish.

The Fox Hotel for their Smokehouse and they have $2 pizza with a drink purchase on Friday night.

Give some feedback and we can help you some more.

Hervey Bay
Level Contributor
110 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to eat in Brisbane City on a Friday night?

Like al food, though with my elderley mother so, i guess something not too out of the ordinary. Plain aussie good meals i guess.

Thanks

gk
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to eat in Brisbane City on a Friday night?

Just a heads up, but I would book it if I can. We have a massive geologists conference in town this week and I'll expect they'll be hungry. :)

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
364 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to eat in Brisbane City on a Friday night?

Yessiree, I've met a few massive geologists and those boys and girls certainly do get hungry.

Now I think basic Aussie food is hard to come by around QPAC. They're mostly themed resaurants representing a style or cuisine. I'd probably stick with The Fox Hotel where you will find good pub food and it's very close to QPAC for your mother's access.

http://www.thefox.com.au/menus.html

There is a separarte dining room so you won't need to be in the bar.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
375 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to eat in Brisbane City on a Friday night?

Another option are the restaurants along Little Grey Street - they serve some really nice food.

I have eaten at the Fox during the day for Lunch and was a little unimpressed. The Melbourne Hotel at South Brisbane is probably a little better quality - but is further away from QPAC.

Working at South Brisbane I am amazed at the number of people at that Geologist conference, all walking with the satchels - I heard some have had to stay as far away as the Gold Coast and bus it up each day!

Ross...

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to eat in Brisbane City on a Friday night?

Yep, we were sent an email at work saying almost all accomodation in Brisbane is booked out this week due to this conference, and telling people in Southern states not to bother. Hurry up Brisbane ! we need more Hotels !!

our favourites around Southbank - Piaf ( and little sister Sardine Tin), Little Greek Taverna, Stokehouse ( pricey but excellent) and Granada ( tapas). You can actually get a nice meal at QPAC itself in the restuarant - white tablecloth but quite pleasant.

8. Re: Where to eat in Brisbane City on a Friday night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 09:17