We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

brisbane domestic to international terminal

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
brisbane domestic to international terminal

I am flying with a 6 year old and 2 large bags from Townsville to Brisbane and then on to Honolulu. I only have 2 hours and 10 minutes between flights and only an hour and 10 minutes before check in closes for my international flight. Is this doable? How long will it take to get from domestic to international and can I bring a cart with me to manage the bags? Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Townsville
Townsville
Queensland, Australia
Brisbane
Brisbane
Brisbane Region, Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
375 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: brisbane domestic to international terminal

Hi Faithersc - its a little bit of a distance between the two Terminals - you couldn't walk it. In fact I don't think its even possible to walk it.

The easiest option might be a taxi, but there is also the Airport Train which has a stop at the International - its just 1 stop down the line.

There was also a bus that looped between the two terminals and also the shopping centre - but with the Bus you are at the whim of the timetables.

It sounds like you are going to be very tight for time and also with a 6 year old - I would say maybe a taxi might be your easiest option, second would be the airtrain.

There will be luggage carts at both the train stations so you will be able to grab one.

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: brisbane domestic to international terminal

Thanks for the quick response. It's either rush it or change the flight, but then we have over 5 hours between flights to wait, which isn't appealing with a 6 year old before we get on the 10 hour flight.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: brisbane domestic to international terminal

check the airtrain schedule on line. Do you need such big bags? I'd try to get it down to one bag for the two of you.

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: brisbane domestic to international terminal

Hi Fleuger, thank you for your response. We will be away for 7 weeks and traveling from warm to cool weather places. I've decided to change our flight, so we get in 3 1/2 hours earlier. I don't want to chance it. Thanks though!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
375 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: brisbane domestic to international terminal

Getting in earlier might work out ok - if you get too bored you could hop on the bus down to the DFO Shopping Centre and do a bit of retail therapy, plus a few snack/food outlets for the little one to eat at. Before heading back to the airport.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7,232 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: brisbane domestic to international terminal

If you do come in early you may be able to check your bags through - but if not, there is luggage storage at the DFO, just near Woolworths.

I've used the shuttle bus and it's great, has plenty of room for luggage etc., and runs pretty frequently.

Here's the link: It's called the Terminal Village Bus ("T bus")

bne.com.au/parking-transport/transport-optio…

7. Re: brisbane domestic to international terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2013, 06:16