We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Brisbane airport to Mount Cotton

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mackay, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from Brisbane airport to Mount Cotton

My husband and I arrive in Brisbane late on Friday night (around 9/:30pm) and would like to find out if there are any cheaper alternatives than catching a taxi, to get to Mount Cotton?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from Brisbane airport to Mount Cotton

Sorry to say I can't think of any options, a taxi will probably be more than $100.

Brisbane Aus
Level Contributor
676 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from Brisbane airport to Mount Cotton

Yes at that time if night, public transport options are few and far between.

If you are staying with friends could they meet you somewhere to minimise taxi costs?

Edited: 16 December 2012, 05:54
Mackay, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from Brisbane airport to Mount Cotton

Thanks for your feedback. We are staying at a family members house and they are going to be away. From the homework I've done I think our only viable option is a taxi at about $90.

4. Re: Transport from Brisbane airport to Mount Cotton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 December 2012, 08:58
Edited: 16 December 2012, 08:58
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,086 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport from Brisbane airport to Mount Cotton

The last airport train on a Friday leaves the domestic terminal at 21:59 and gets into Beenleigh at 23:10 ... you could then get a taxi from the station at Beenleigh which would be around a 20 minute trip.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
886 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport from Brisbane airport to Mount Cotton

there is a new shuttle service try www.bayairtransfers.com.au should be much cheaper than a taxi.

7. Re: Transport from Brisbane airport to Mount Cotton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2014, 05:15