We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

show tickets and eatery

toronto
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Topic
show tickets and eatery

Is there a place that sells rush seats for performances the day-of, for performances at QPAC?

Also, I will spend my day on the south bank, where is a good place to eat?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
375 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: show tickets and eatery

Wendy - I haven't seen any places that sell last minute tickets to QPAC performances.

Regarding eateries: South Bank has a really wide range of places in almost every possible flavour. Along Grey Street and Little Stanley Street is packed to the brim with options for you. I am quite fond of Ahmets Turkish. But everything is good there!

If you are a bit adventurous you could wander down the road to West End, there are some funky bars and cafes around Boundary Street West End that are also well worth checking out. If it is mid-week they often have lunch specials during the day so you can eat quite cheaply.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: show tickets and eatery

QPAC has its own ticketing arm called QTix. I've never seen anywhere else selling last minute tickets for performances. You could turn up a couple of hours before a show and hope for the best but really if you know the date(s) that you're going to be here you're better off looking at the website http://www.qpac.com.au to see what's on and booking in advance.

There are so many restaurants at South Bank you'll be spoiled for choice. Some really lovely restaurants with great river and city views are located at the opposite end of South Bank to QPAC at a new section called River Quay. http://riverquay.com.au. I'm a huge fan of the Stoke Bar for an afternoon drink and snack. Jetty is also great and there are a couple of others there as well. This is an easy spot to sit and while away the hours watching the boat traffic and the glistening water.

Along Little Stanley St is pretty much all restaurants. I like Fifth Element and Ole (tapas) but there are so many others here to choose from. You could wander along and check out the menus to see what suits you best. If you do decide to wander over to West End on the way there's Era (brilliant tapas and they do lunch specials) and in West End itself - Gunshop Cafe, Lock n Load, about 4 Greek places to choose from, and plenty more. You certainly won't starve in the South Brisbane area!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,890 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: show tickets and eatery

Agree no facility for last minute tickets hat I know of.

Great suggestions above, Ahmets is a favourite although I prefer the one in the suburbs at Bulimba. If you like Vietnamese food, we really enjoyed a recent visit to Viet de Lites at Southbank.

have fun!

4. Re: show tickets and eatery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2014, 07:15