We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One or two nights away from Brisbane???

Brisbane, Australia
4 posts
Save Topic
One or two nights away from Brisbane???

Hi,

My partner and I are looking at spending a night or two away from Brisbane.

Wondering where is somewhere nice that isn't too far, we're happy to drive up to 4 hours.

Any ideas???

gk
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One or two nights away from Brisbane???

My faves are Mount Tamborine, O'Reillys and Montville. Got any ideas about what you want to do?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,216 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One or two nights away from Brisbane???

Four hours drive.... that's an enormous range of areas. From Byron to Stanthorpe. Got any clues?

Brisbane, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: One or two nights away from Brisbane???

The warmest place possible lol. We go to sunny coast a lot so probably not there. A bit vague I know but we're totally open to all ideas. Just thought people might have been somewhere 'standout' that they could share with us ;)

Brisbane, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: One or two nights away from Brisbane???

Believe it or not we've never been to Mt Tamborine. Where do you normally stay up there? Perhaps I should just go with that :)

Cradle...
Destination Expert
for Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
Level Contributor
12,898 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One or two nights away from Brisbane???

Have a look at the Bunya Mountains, truly a beautiful and unique place.

http://www.bunyamountains.com/

www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/parks/bunya-mountains/

Worth alook, although it can get cold, we've been there when it started to snow. Great walks, and wonderful accommodation choice.

Safe travels - Robert

Brisbane
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: One or two nights away from Brisbane???

O'Reillys is lovely but obviously much cooler at the moment and more suited to outdoorsy things. I really liked it though and they have various activities that you can participate in, as much or as little as you like. The rooms were comfortable, if a little dated and the drive up the mountain is a bit akin to rally driving at some points - just watch out for buses on their way back down the mountain!

Brisbane Aus
Level Contributor
676 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One or two nights away from Brisbane???

I would recommend a stay on Stradbroke Island. It is a beautiful part of the world and ideal for spotting a whale or two.

8. Re: One or two nights away from Brisbane???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Brisbane