We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 nites in Chermside

Singapore, Singapore
9 posts
Save Topic
6 nites in Chermside

Hi All,

Would like to seek for your suggestion on things to do, great stuffs to buy and places of interest to visit with my 5-y.o girl around Chermside, Brisbane.

We will follow my husband who has a business trip there but he will be expected to work even over the weekend, so need to keep my girl & myself busy.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Chermside Motor Inn
Chermside Motor Inn
316 Reviews
Brisbane, Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
12,180 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 nites in Chermside

Chermside is just a suburb of Brisbane .it's about 20 mins by public transport to the city. (buses) It's on the northern side of Brisbane so has close access to the highway to the sunshine coast. ... there is a fairly large shopping centre with a movie theatre.

That's about all it has to offer a tourist, it's not high on the list of places to visit in Brisbane but has fairly good access to go to the city. Up on the right hand side of this page is a list of things to do in Brisbane... have a read and then ask more specific questions.

Mentioned in this post
Chermside Motor Inn
Chermside Motor Inn
316 Reviews
Brisbane, Australia
Brisbane
Brisbane
Brisbane Region, Australia
Brisbane Aus
Level Contributor
676 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 nites in Chermside

There is a great playground called Kidsspace off Murphy Rd just near the Westfield shopping centre. If you are travelling to the City you can catch a bus at the shopping Centre.

Brisbane
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 nites in Chermside

Head to Noosa - a short train or bus ride, and a great place to visit for a weekend!

Mentioned in this post
Noosa
Noosa
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Singapore, Singapore
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 nites in Chermside

Thanks able58, Buck & Mitch for your kind responses.

I had done some researches, initially planned to take my girl to Alma Park Zoo, but seems reviews on that zoo is not good.

Is Boondall Wetlands Reserve recommended for kids? How about the Old Windmill in Wickham Terrace?

Thanks again all.

Cheers

Edited: 03 July 2013, 02:51
Mentioned in this post
The Old Windmill
The Old Windmill
61 Reviews
Brisbane, Australia
Brisbane
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 6 nites in Chermside

Australia Zoo would be my pick - it is great and a full day trip. Closer is Lone Pine Sancturary - 30 minutes from the CBD - it is a two hour sort of tour and excellent. I run day trip tours as well, if interested - high end though and off the beaten track.

Mentioned in this post
Australia Zoo
Australia Zoo
4,094 Reviews
Beerwah, Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
12,180 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 6 nites in Chermside

Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary is a great family day out .... it's a bit of a trek by public transport but well worth it ... although not exactly Singapore Zoo. They have amazing close access to native animals and the shows are really popular with the kids ...

http://www.koala.net/

And there is loads of stuff for kids in Brisbane ... some free ... it's a city that puts loads of entertainment for the littlies.

http://www.brisbanekids.com.au/

Mentioned in this post
Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
6,637 Reviews
Brisbane, Australia
Brisbane
Brisbane
Brisbane Region, Australia
Brisbane Aus
Level Contributor
676 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 6 nites in Chermside

Not sure if a 5 yr old would appreciate the Old Windmill. Re Boondall wetlands, I know that many school excursions go there. Cannot help you with any more info.

Mentioned in this post
The Old Windmill
The Old Windmill
61 Reviews
Brisbane, Australia
Singapore, Singapore
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 6 nites in Chermside

Thanks again able58, Buck & Mitch for your info.

Mitch, will definitely contact you should my husband can have 1-2 days off. Is there any website of your tours that we can look into?

able58, the brisbanekids website is very useful, thanks!

Buck, hahaha, yes, the old windmill will be more for mommy :)

Have a good nite all.

Level Contributor
7 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 6 nites in Chermside

Boondal is pretty ordinary I think. The museums at south bank are good. Southbank itself is great when the weather is good. There is a beautiful park at chermside called marchant park, the side closest to the shopping centre has a big kids fort. The Cineplex cinema at south bank is only about $4.50 for kids, I sit in the cafe inside the cimema and read while the lids go, parking is cheap if it is not full.

Level Contributor
7 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 6 nites in Chermside

Boondal is pretty ordinary I think. The museums at south bank are good. Southbank itself is great when the weather is good. There is a beautiful park at chermside called marchant park, the side closest to the shopping centre has a big kids fort. The Cineplex cinema at south bank is only about $4.50 for kids, I sit in the cafe inside the cimema and read while the lids go, parking is cheap if it is not full. My kids are older but