We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire

Hi all,

Making our first visit to Australia in August for 3 weeks for my brothers wedding. There will be 6 of us and we'll be wanting to hire a car for the 3 weeks, perhaps 2 cars between the 6 of us. So looking for recommended companies in the Brisbane/Sunshine Coast area. We'll be based in Caloundra. Anything we should look out for?

Many thanks,

Lee

Brisbane
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire

www.drivenow.com.au/car-hire/brisbane.jspc

This is your best webiste that will allow you to compare all the rental options in Brisbane. This website will also let you know any deals that may be on offer at the time. Be careful of Eurocar they maybe the cheapest option but personally I have had nothing but problems with them and will never use them again.

Good Luck

Geelong
Level Contributor
1 post
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire

HiLee I have always used east coast car rentals Cheaper than the others and always good quality cars. They are off the airport but provide a pick up service

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,216 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire

I personally would never use any of the "non" international companies just from a service perspective. Just make sure you check reviews for any of the local small companies. Many hire out small mini-buses if you all want to travel in the same vehicle.

Edited: 15 February 2014, 22:23
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire

I'm currently going through the process of finding a rental car to hire out of Brisbane. What I've found through reading reviews, is that it's best to go through the large companies, even though they might not be the cheapest. All the car companies (small and large) are great until something goes wrong. It's how the company handles the mishaps that is important. Make sure you read through ALL the fine print before confirming anything and make yourself fully aware of what you will be liable for if there is an accident or the vehicle is stolen/broken into or any accessories you are hiring (car seats, gps etc) are damages.

While I haven't booked yet, I think I'm going to go with Apex. They are by far the cheapest (even cheaper than the dodgy local companies) once full insurance and car seats/GPS is included and the cover they provide seems as good as the other major players like Thrifty, Hertz etc.

Southport.Lancashire...
Level Contributor
86 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire

Had a small car from Apex recently. Collected in Cairns and returned to Brisbane depot 40+days later.

Service at collection and return was great. Car was perfect, lovely and clean on collection, never missed a beat . I recommend this company.

6. Re: Car Hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Brisbane