We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking inquiry at DFO and Wheel of Paradise.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Parking inquiry at DFO and Wheel of Paradise.

Hi there..

my family and i will be going for holiday in end April. We plan to go a day trip to brisbane town by car. I'll be traveling with 4 adults, 1 child and 1 infant.

a. Where are the affordable place (or free) parking at DFO and Wheel of Paradise?

b. Does DFO provide parking area? How much the rate?

c. How far between these two place?

appreciate some suggestion or comment. Thank You!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,865 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking inquiry at DFO and Wheel of Paradise.

A- free parking at DFO Airport, Wheel of Brisbane is expensive parking at Southbank. You could drive to Hamilton ( not far from DFO Airport) park on street (no cost ) and catch a ferry to Southbank then just a 2 min walk from terminal to wheel.

visitsouthbank.com.au/transport-and-parking

B- free outdoor parking, no indoor parking

C - 20 min drive depending on traffic

Enjoy

Malaysia
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking inquiry at DFO and Wheel of Paradise.

thank you surfoz.. i'll get more information on them..

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,132 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking inquiry at DFO and Wheel of Paradise.

Depending on when you go to see the wheel prices can differ ... if you go at night (after 7) you can park in the street for free, the night view is also much more spectacular.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking inquiry at DFO and Wheel of Paradise.

Thank you for the info. 7pm might a liltle bit late for us as we are going to drive back to gold coast. Anyway, i still confuse on the ferry information in the website. Is there any specific ferry or terminal? Or we can hoop any ferry in the list?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,865 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking inquiry at DFO and Wheel of Paradise.

Catch the city cat ferry from Brett's Wharf at Hamilton. You could drive closer to the city and park at Sydney Street New Farm but finding an on street parking may be a bit more difficult here.

…qld.gov.au/traffic-transport/…index.htm

brisbane
Level Contributor
227 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking inquiry at DFO and Wheel of Paradise.

The advantage of parking on the street at Sydney Street New Farm is that parking is free and catching the Cityhopper ferry from Sydney Street to Southbank is free as well

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking inquiry at DFO and Wheel of Paradise.

Also for the Wheel of Brisbane (and other restaurants, activities in Brisbane & Gold Coast), you may want to consider registering for group buying sites like groupon.com.au - which sometimes offer 53% discount for WoB etc.

I purchased Legoland JB tickets from Aust for my trip to Malaysia last year. :)

8. Re: Parking inquiry at DFO and Wheel of Paradise.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Brisbane