We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Country Music Bars - Brisbane

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Country Music Bars - Brisbane

Hey Everyone,

so I'm currently in the RAAF and based at Amberley QLD. Anyway we currently have 100 Yanks staying on the base and some how I got designated "tour guide" for next weekend for a few of them. One of the requests was;

"A laid back country music bar" i take this to mean a laid back bar that is playing country music (preferable live) but doesn't have to be.

The problem I have NO IDEA where I would find this (as it's not normally my scene) any suggestions would be great. Anywhere in the Brisbane/Ipswich area or even the GC.

Also any suggestions for activities for the weekend would be great.

Cheers Zee

adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Country Music Bars - Brisbane

Keith Urban has just been in Adelaide for a concert at the Clipsal perhaps you could invite him back to his home town

failing that perhaps the Amberley folk could put on a bootscootin show

Brisbane-Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Country Music Bars - Brisbane

Hi Zee - as you're at Amberley, I'm sure you probably know the answer to this Q which is why you've put it out there. I don't think such a bar exists in Brisbane. So, perhaps you could take them to a pub with some live music. Avoiding the bars and pubs in the City, Fortitude Valley & Southbank (noisy, raucous, drunken yobs) my suggestion is The Brewhouse at the Gabba (near the Mater Hosp). It's usually got some live music, good beers, some pool tables etc. The website has a list of upcoming bands, food etc http://www.brewhouse.com.au

It's close enough to the city and Southbank for those who may want to kick on. Good luck!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Country Music Bars - Brisbane

Not much of that around. You might occasionally find live country music at some of the semi rural/country pubs in places like Samford, gatton, daybro, woodford etc. but nothing in the city. As an alternative why not go to see some good local music at the chalk, rics, the hifi or the zoo. Or you could go to one of the beautiful bayside pubs like the full moon hotel. Or with the footy season on head to the Caxton or Normanby on a night when the broncos are playing at home.

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,249 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Country Music Bars - Brisbane

Lefty's would probably hit the mark

mustdobrisbane.com/eat-drink-bars-inner-city…

also, have a look at this link

http://www.seqroundup.net/clubs.html

Oscar

Brisbane
Level Contributor
51 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Country Music Bars - Brisbane

Not sure if this will be your thing but there is a bar in the Paddington area (a few minutes from the city) called Lefty's Old Time Music Hall. A bit funky - lots of hipsters.. but as close to a country venue in Brisbane as you might get unless there are specific acts in town: mustdobrisbane.com/eat-drink-bars-inner-city…

Chiang Mai...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Country Music Bars - Brisbane

Just in case you still need to know - there is a new country music bar in Caxton Street Brisbane called Lefties - it is in the same building as the old Velvet Cigar! Great place, great music, great food.

Cheers,

Bru

Brisbane, Australia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Country Music Bars - Brisbane

Hi - there is the Rockabilly bar on Caxton Street called 'Lefty's'. They don't play what I call good 'American country' really but it's still a lot of fun.... apart from that, you could try the Storey Bridge on a Saturday night, they have a band at the inside bar near the beer garden, I think they might play a bit of country sometimes.

There really isn't anywhere in Brisbane that plays decent country music....

Brisbane Region...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Country Music Bars - Brisbane

hi our "band"Cross Country (duo) will be playing at the Queensland National Hotel Laidley 14 th and 21 st June Sundays Lunch trade 11 -- 2.30 we do a mixture of country, country rock and r & r need to book though regards Rusty check website at reg meffert

9. Re: Country Music Bars - Brisbane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2016, 07:17