We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation in brisbane

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation in brisbane

My parents are spending 3 nights in Brisbane in May on the way back from Hamilton Island to Perth. Im looking for accomodation for them but i dont know where to start. It has to be central at a walking distance from everything and not expensive. Any ideas? Thanks

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation in brisbane

Brisbane is not a huge city but what does walking distance from "everything" mean?

Just the railway station or Southbank or the mall ... which ones? And can you give us a budget so we know what expensive means specifically to you. Might be good to know that parts of Brisbane are very hilly also, so do they have problems with mobility?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
279 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation in brisbane

We like royal on the park. Overlooks beautiful botanic gardens, walking distance to mall, walking distance to city cat. You can then do a quick city cat trip across river to Southbank and other attractions there. Eg museum, art gallery, science centre, wheel of brisbane etc.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation in brisbane

Thankyou! I will check it out!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation in brisbane

Ive never been to brisbane, so the answer is I dont know. I imagine hotel would have to be in a central area and that they can walk to any shops or amenities. I look at the map of the city but I wouldnt know where the actual "down town is" . When I mean not expensive i mean not expensive. Somewhere around 100-120 a night I guess but then I dont know if thts reasonable. 3.5 to 4 star maybe, but not a backpackers joint either. If i know the name of the area or a street maybe then i will do my research there. Thanks

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation in brisbane

Budget hotels in the central area

explorers.com.au/brisbane-hotel-location.php

http://www.georgewilliamshotel.com.au

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
279 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodation in brisbane

The one I suggested will be too dear I think unless you can get it on a very good special! Cheapest I've ever seen for it was around $170 but usually over $200!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accomodation in brisbane

If you google "Queen St Mall" ... that is the central shopping zone. The CBD is between that and the river. In the upper section around Ann and Turbot St it's becoming hilly towards Spring Hill. There is a free daytime bus that runs around the city, the railway stations are around a 10 min walk from the mall, there isn't a city circle rail system.

You might have luck with an apartment hotel at that price, or check wotif for any discounts ... it's impossible to give you a price without a date.

Perth, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Accomodation in brisbane

I recently stayed at the Punthill Apartment Hotel in Brisbane and it was lovely.

9. Re: Accomodation in brisbane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2014, 15:46
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,523 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accomodation in brisbane

That's like the third time you've posted the link, and that's all you seem to do.