We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Day Ideas?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
17 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Day Ideas?

Hi,

We will be in the Brisbane area for Christmas Day but im looking for something special for me & my partner.

Does anyone have any recomendations?

Thanks

Matt

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,783 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Day Ideas?

Hello,

Were you after dining suggestions or some sort of event?

In my experience, there isn't much happening on Christmas Day, except for special lunches at restaurant and hotels.

Just to give you some ideas for dining options, this was a list of some week known venues that were open for last Christmas Day

theweekendedition.com.au/food-drink/…

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,152 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Day Ideas?

What does "special" mean ... a special meal, a special event ... can you be a bit more specific?

Most of Brisbane will be closed christmas day, pubs will not be open, select restaurants will be, most tourist destinations will be closed (Koala sanctuary will be open) Public transport will be on a Sunday timetable.

So most will be at home, a lot of people will be having picnics or BBQ's around the parks and a lot will head down to the coast for the beach.

3. Re: Christmas Day Ideas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2015, 06:17