We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fly in to brisbane 12th feb 2007

scotland
5 posts
Save Topic
fly in to brisbane 12th feb 2007

g'day all,

arrive the 12 feb 2007 for a 12 day recce,planning to move to brisbane/gold coast area from scotland june 2007,we are planning to stay 3 night's gold coast,sunshine coast 3 nights and 6 nights brisbane,want to make it a bit of a holiday any info would be great on the best place's to visit and any tip's on hotel's.

oh and we are flying with malaysian airline's any feedback on them would be great.

cheers

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fly in to brisbane 12th feb 2007

have a look at this... it may help

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g255055-c1107/Austral…

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: fly in to brisbane 12th feb 2007

Hi

We've just returned from 11 days in and around Brisbane and had a fantastic time. We went with 2 kids aged 7&8 so did a lot of family things.

In Brisbane, I would recommend Southbank if you have kids, it is nice to eat there in the evening and very relaxed. Also we hired bikes from a stand in the botanical gardens and spent a lovely Sunday afternoon going round the many cycle paths and stopping for a leisurely lunch on the way.

On the Gold Coast we went to Wet N Wild which was fab and Sea World (there wasn't enough hours in the day to see everything, expecially if you go to see all the shows). We also went to Coollangatta, Southport (where Hubby hired a boat and spent a few hours fishing), Surfers Paradise (which apart from the beach I didn't like, for some reason, it reminded me of Blackpool. LOL!).

On the Sunshine Coast, we stopped at the Glasshouse Mountains Viewing Platform which had some beautiful views and a nice walk, went to Australia Zoo which was very good but I found it very moving and found myself close to tears. We also went to Caloundra, stayed in Mooloolaba for 2 nights which was great and visited Noosa and Noosa's National Park which has some amazing walks and a chance to see koala's in the wild.

All in all we had an amazing time in Queensland and would definately love to go again. Everywhere is so clean and people are so friendly. If you want any specific information about any of the above, let me know and I'll try and answer any questions about our experiences.

Hope you have an amazing time. V. envious.

Joanne

Brisbane
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: fly in to brisbane 12th feb 2007

Just in case you weren't already aware, February is smack bang in the hottest part of the year. Pack lots of light, summery clothes (or go shopping for some when you get here). And go heavy on the sunscreen, even if you're not doing anything hardcore on the sun (like going to the beach).

While you're visiting Australia, you simply must try a decent Australian steak. The two best places I would suggest are Embers (Park Road, Milton - http://www.embers.com.au/) and The JazBar (Jephson St, Toowong - http://www.jazbar.com.au/). Both are easily accessable by bus or train. The latter is a "stonegrill" restaurant and they deliver the steak on a heated stone, you cook it to your liking or slice off a peice and sear it either side long enough to cook that piece to your taste. If you go to Embers I highly recommend their baked mushrooms, and their creamy garlic sauce.

Other restaurants that serve a truly excellent steak are Char Char Char (Eagle St, Brisbane City), Pineapple Hotel (Kangaroo Point) and Breakfast Creek Hotel.

SEQ, Australia
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fly in to brisbane 12th feb 2007

What a fantastic resource you have created about Brisbane, Georgia. Well Done.

5. Re: fly in to brisbane 12th feb 2007

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 20:18