We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4/5 star hotel sunshine coast? which one

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
4/5 star hotel sunshine coast? which one

Can anyone recommend a hotel on the sunshine coast for a little bit of luxury in January.Must be near/on beach offering spa treatments and hopefully golf for the men!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
711 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4/5 star hotel sunshine coast? which one

Check out the Hyatt Regency Coolum. I haven't personally been there but it has a golf course, spa treatments and is near the beach.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,038 posts
1,381 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4/5 star hotel sunshine coast? which one

the other suggestion is Twin Lakes Novotel......it has plenty of activities available.

SEQ, Australia
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4/5 star hotel sunshine coast? which one

Hi,

The Outrigger, Landmark or Sirrocco in Mooloolaba would all be great options for you. Nice Hotels, near or on the beach and several golf courses.

Also, you would be close to Australia Zoo, The Wharf, good restaurants and all the other action of Mooloolaba and Maroochydore.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4/5 star hotel sunshine coast? which one

Netanya at Noosa, it is smack bang on the beach, golf tours can be organised.

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 4/5 star hotel sunshine coast? which one

We spent Xmas eve and Xmas day there - don't go! Certainly not a 5 star resort. Anywhere but here. Just play a round of golf on the course - $100 a shot. Not too bad as it is world class but the rest of the resort is certainly not

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4/5 star hotel sunshine coast? which one

Hi PJT

Are you referring to Twin Waters or Hyatt Regency?

What did you not like about the resort, appreciate your feedback.

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 4/5 star hotel sunshine coast? which one

Hi,

We stayed at the Hyatt. For the price I thought it was very expensive. Everything except foot power was an extra. Basically you are a captive audience and pay for the pleasure. The rooms were big that was a bonus, but you don't spend much time in them overall.

The restaurants and the bars are probably overpriced and you pay for being at the Hyatt.

Push bikes are $4.00 for 30 minutes, I would have thought they should have been free.

My son is into golfing so he loved the course, $100 with your own clubs. He lives in Scotland so he thought that price was reasonable.

I guess the attitude is my biggest gripe, not something you can put a price on. As I said, I smoke and they really were rude about it. I would consider I am a responsible smoker so having to clean my own area after paying $240.00 per night was a bit much for me.

Hope this helps - I like the beach also and it is quite a hike to it.

australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4/5 star hotel sunshine coast? which one

Hi, I stayed at Hyatt Coolum and loved it. Stayed in a 2 bedroom villa, amazing service. You pay for the service. If you spent the same price on self contained apartments elsewhere on the sunshine coast, you would get better rooms (more modern) but we still loved the apartment and felt happy to pay the extra for the 5 star service. nice to be spoilt sometimes.

Sunny Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 4/5 star hotel sunshine coast? which one

Sorry but the only 4/5 star hotels on the Sunshine coast are Hyatt coolum and the Sheraton Noosa.Sheraton is better for the beach,the Hyatt for golf.The Novetel Twin Waters May just make a 4star resort and is on a golf course but much further from the beach.

The rest are apartments or apartment hotels and so do not have the same level of service though the physical amenities can be better.Some of us like 5 star luxuries,others dislike such service.Fortunately we all have a choice.

The sheraton could certainly arrange rounds of golf-the Noosa springs or Peregian springs courses are not too far away.

Both the Sheraton and hyatt have spas.

10. Re: 4/5 star hotel sunshine coast? which one

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 03:16