We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to bring!!!!

Ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What to bring!!!!

Would love other people's opinions on how much/little to bring with us when we travel to Brisbane in September for a month. We will be travelling from Ireland via UK and Hong Kong.I have heard that the weather will be fine but wondered if there was a chance of rain?

Our son is representing Ireland in the World Championships of 1/5th Scale Model Car Racing so we decided to combine it with a holiday, can't wait!

Looking forward to getting some feedback

Many thanks,

Carmel and Nick

Mentioned in this post
Brisbane
Brisbane
Brisbane Region, Australia
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
847 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What to bring!!!!

Hi Carmel and Nick, most certainly, there is always the chance of rain! Australia has been experiencing some very unpredictable and unseasonable weather (as has the rest of the world). Come prepared for anything! Layered clothing is best. You won't need really heavy clothing for Brisbane, but it can be cool. A lightweight, rain and windproof jacket would be the most serviceable! I would recommend long pants/jeans, T-shirts, light jumpers and that lightweight coat as essentials. You will not need things like woolly hats, gloves, thermals etc. You can definitely leave them home.

Mentioned in this post
Australia
Australia
South Pacific
Brisbane
Brisbane
Brisbane Region, Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to bring!!!!

during september i usually wear jeans and a tshirt during the day (on cooler days), changing to a skirt or shorts on warmer ones, and jeans and tshirt with a light weight wrap or jumper (cotton or very fine wool) during the evening. the temperatures in brisbane will range fron a low of 14-15 Deg C in the early hours of the morning to 30 Deg C in the sun during the middle of the day, but generally they hover between 20 and 25 Deg C. Generally September is the nicest time of year with the weather being mild and sunny, but still warm enough to swim.

I would bring 1-2 pairs of jeans, 3-7 t-shirts or polos (depending on washing facilities), 1-2 nice out fits for going out to dinner etc(long sleeved cotton collared shirt, pants, skirt, singlet, dress), 1-2 light jumpers/jackets, 1 light scarf or wrap in case of a cold snap, and shoe to suit your activities.

as said before the trick is to layer. I wear singlets and short sleeved tshirts year round and just add or subtract layers depending on the time of year. carry a light wrap or jacket with you during the day if the weather looks iffy and buy cheap folding umbrellas ($5 from big W or crazy clarks) for wet weather

3. Re: What to bring!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 19:19