We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation in Cairns, Port Douglas etc...

Hamilton
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation in Cairns, Port Douglas etc...

Hi

My husband and I, alongwith our 17yr old son are flying from NZ to Cairns and would like advice on accommodation that is not expensive. If anyone can suggest some accommodation in Cairns for a few nights and then travelling the coast towards Port Douglas that would be awesome. Also any tips on hiring a reasonably priced car would also be appreciated.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation in Cairns, Port Douglas etc...

What time of the year??

Hamilton
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation in Cairns, Port Douglas etc...

I am new to this hope this is correct way of doing it. We are thinking around September/ October 2007. Thanks

Puerto Del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,224 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation in Cairns, Port Douglas etc...

For good value accomodation I would recommend the Bellview on the Esplanade. Fab position and the staff are so friendly. My wife managed to leave a photo in a book that she left at the book exchange and they tracked it down and sent it on to us. You can't beat service like that.

the place is an old motel. Certainly shows signs of its age, but very clean and great budget accomodation.

4. Re: Accommodation in Cairns, Port Douglas etc...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 12:26