We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Cairns

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Cairns

Hi,

What is the weather like on average, in the month of July in Cairns ? I know weather is unpredictable anywhere these days but on average ( July/Cairns) whats your experiences ? Is it sun bathing weather in July or not ? Thanks

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Cairns

Well yes, not easy to predict. I am in Cairns right now in June and it is COLD and overcast. Well cold for us lol, maybe not for people from the UK.

On average though should be warm. Tropical climates do not usually vary much in temperature, only in humidity. Wet season is usually Jan to March but can extend to April, May and ........June(so it seems).

July should be fine but like you say can never predict. It will not snow though.

Townsville...
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Cairns

bom.gov.au/climate/…cw_031010.shtml

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
847 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Cairns

Have just got back from Cairns and as Verdant has said, a cold snap came through and it was surprisingly cool. We are back again for all of July - if you are visiting the Tablelands you will need warm clothing (as in jumpers) for the evening and early morning, but it should be reasonably pleasant during the day. In Cairns itself, you are best to take some light long-sleeved clothing for night and early morning - days should be nice - and yes, hopefully you will be able to do some sunbathing! Have a great time!

UK
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Cairns

Whiteman

What a fantastic weather link. I wish everywhere did a link like that.

We arrive August 12th so I should have Sunny skies hopefully.

Townsville...
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Cairns

August and September have been the driest months in the past 5 years so hopefully you'll get good weather.

6. Re: Weather in Cairns

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 20:21