We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuranda Train / Skyrail

Which Cairns hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, British...
Level Contributor
381 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Kuranda Train / Skyrail

Hi,

Thinking of riding the train / skyrail on December 24th, would it be advisable to book on line or should I take a chance and purchase tickets when I arrive in Cairns? Cost is 97 Au per adult and 3.85 booking fee.

Where in Cairns do we go to catch the train to Kuranda? Am thinking of finding accommodations by the Esplanade area.

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuranda Train / Skyrail

School Holidays. So I would suggest book now.

From The Esplanade in Cairns you can walk to the railway station, which is located near Cairns Central shopping centre, about 2 blocks, and about 10 minutes.

Although the Esplanade is quite long, so it may take you a little longer if you are staying at the northern end of the Esplanade.

Your accommodation will be able to give you direction, and a free map of Cairns and district.

2. Re: Kuranda Train / Skyrail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 04:20