We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cairns people please help! honeymooners lost camera

Queensland
Level Contributor
662 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Cairns people please help! honeymooners lost camera

Can anyone please help, I am trying to help a couple from HongKong who lost their camera while on their honeymoon around the 18th April, I so far have contacted the Airport, the police, taxi and airport transfers, the sun newspaper and the post (they could not guarantee it would make the paper) it was a Pentax digital camera, there were approx 400 photos of their honeymoon on the memory card, they would be happy to just get the card back,

any suggestions?

gk
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cairns people please help! honeymooners lost camera

Hi Ella

Maybe contact the radio stations as well like 4CA, HotFM and ABC Radio.

Duck Key, Florida
Level Contributor
120 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cairns people please help! honeymooners lost camera

Hello Ella,

I'm a Cairns resident, and have also been in touch with Ivan in HK trying to locate his missing camera. I've been in touch with the Taxi company, who do not have a lost property office, as all items are handed in to the Police. I checked with the Cairns Police today, and they assure me that no one has handed in that particular type of camera (Pentax DC). They have a few others, but not that make/model...and not from around that date..(18/4/08)..most are from way earlier.

When I last spoke with Ivan, he wasn't sure if he left it in the cab, or at the airport. I'm flying out to PNG via the Cairns International Airport tomorrow (at 05:00 ..oh, joy) and although I can't remember ever seeing a lost property office there before, I shall check around and see if there is some central area where lost property is handed in. If they have the thing there, I shall give them Ivans' email addy, but if they don't have it, then someone has scored a cheap camera methinks.

If that is the case, I think Ivan may have lost his camera and pics, to someone less-deserving, and will just have to bite the bullet and have a second honeymoon. I'm sure the bride will happily accept that as an alternative.

We can only do so much, and despite the best efforts of all parties, these things can and do, happen.

Cheers mate, and good effort.

Rick

Cairns.

3. Re: Cairns people please help! honeymooners lost camera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 06:25