We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air traffic Noise

Northants UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Air traffic Noise

Planning to visit Cairns at end of November for the start of a tour of the East Coast. We will be staying in Cairns for two days and were thinking of staying at the Bay Village Resort as they have had some excellent reviews. Can anybody tell me whether we will be bothered by too much air traffic noise? Can anybody recommend anywhere better? We are looking for somewhere quiet.

Seen a lot on the forum about boat trips. My husband and I are both pensioners and looking for a suitable day trip. Can anybody make any recommendations please. Thanks for your help

Mentioned in this post
Cairns
Cairns
Cairns Region, Australia
Seabob Jet Australia - Reef Magic
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Perentie Tours
Sightseeing Tours
gk
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air traffic Noise

You're as well placed there to avoid the noise as to anywhere else in Cairns. The airport is very close to the city (northside) but most flights come in from the north, so you should be fine.

As for your reef trip, I recommend two choices:

Great Adventures to Green Island and the Outer Reef

greatadventures.com.au/tours/green-island-gr…

The best of both worlds - you can stop for a while on Green Island and put feet on solid ground, but then snorkel and the Outer Reef pontoon as well.

Reef Magic

http://www.reefmagic.com.au/

5 hours on an Outer Reef pontoon with lots of activities.

Mentioned in this post
Green Island
Green Island
1,895 Reviews
Cairns, Australia
Northants UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Air traffic Noise

Thanks for your help. This is very reassuring.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,135 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air traffic Noise

yep, as GK says you will not be bothered by air traffic noise at Bay Village.

There may be some road traffic noise as it is a pretty busy intersection ( by Cairns standards) but just ask for a room towards the back and you should be right.

4. Re: Air traffic Noise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 14:20