We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bushfire Flame Grill restaurant - Cairns

Which Cairns hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Bushfire Flame Grill restaurant - Cairns

I would like to warn people about this restaurant. I can't comment on the food but I found the staff very rude. My husband and I went there recently at 8.45pm and asked the lass behind the desk if it was too late to eat. She said no and we continued to wait at the sign that reads "Wait to be seated". We did so for some time whilst people lined up to pay for their meals. Nothing more was said to us and the girl kept looking after the other customers. No one else came to see to us yet there were staff milling about everywhere. We were left standing. After over 5 minutes I butted in and said basically thanks for nothing and left. My husband and I found the treatment very rude and just wanted to put the word out.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bushfire Flame Grill restaurant - Cairns

I don't think you should be on here warning people about a restaurant that you didn't even eat at.

Perhaps you should have interrupted and asked the girl at the desk to have one of the waitstaff seat you. Service up in Cairns can be a little more relaxed than what you'd find in the cities. Sometimes you just have to chill out and give them a chance.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
345 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bushfire Flame Grill restaurant - Cairns

We have eaten there a number of times and yes the staff were hopeless.

The problem is that the restaurant tends to rely on backpackers as employees who are here one week gone the next and generally don't need to care about good customer service (now don't flame me if you are a backpacker who is intent to providing good customer service)

Shame, you missed out on a meal there - the menu is OK.

3. Re: Bushfire Flame Grill restaurant - Cairns

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 22:19