We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cairns accomodation, would like ocean view and restaurants

qld
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cairns accomodation, would like ocean view and restaurants

Hi there,

I will be staying in Cairns at the end of January 09 for 2 nights. Ideally I would like to stay somewhere with ocean views and an easy walk to cafes and restaurants. I have a mid range budget. I will be taking a 5 year old so I dont want to have to walk to far to be in the middle of everything. Thankyou in advance for any suggestions.

K

Sydney
Level Contributor
342 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cairns accomodation, would like ocean view and restaurants

Cairns in January will be cheaper than normal. Check out Hilton Hotel their rates for january might surprise you. Pacific International is a good old fashion hotel usually pretty affordable. Dodge the Rydges Hotels they need refurbishment. Mantra on Esplanade is very new and would offer apartment style accomm for you and little one right in town

Townsville...
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cairns accomodation, would like ocean view and restaurants

This is where I stay when I want central, cooking facilities and views - but you need to book a room in the top 2 floors. I've been there many times and get a good corporate rate but they are probably on wotif with some specials. Right across from the lagoon so couldn't be better placed. Breakfast around the corner (Shields St?) in one of the cafes and dinner at Cafe China, again, not far away in Spence St.

Townsville...
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cairns accomodation, would like ocean view and restaurants

Forgot the link didn't I ... http://www.mantraesplanadecairns.com.au/

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
400 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cairns accomodation, would like ocean view and restaurants

Mantra on Esplanade has a terrific restaurant on first floor - Salted Vue. Best value for quality dining I think you'll find in Cairns - also the sinful Chocolat on ground floor, chocolates and pattisseries to die for.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
111 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cairns accomodation, would like ocean view and restaurants

Mantra is a great location. Your child will LOVE muddys playground just a short stroll north along the esplanade and of course the Lagoon.

6. Re: Cairns accomodation, would like ocean view and restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2009, 22:19