We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cairns:

San Clemente, ca
1 post
Save Topic
Cairns:

I will be in Cairns for 3 days starting on 4/23/09, should I stay there in Cairns and shuttle up to Port Douglas and other attractions, if so what hotel do you suggest in Cairns on the beach?

Thanks,

J.S

gk
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cairns:

Cairns doesn't have a beach. It has a lovely Esplanade lagoon though!

I wouldn't suggest swimming in the ocean at this time of year anyway. Marine stingers are about and it's a possibility you could get stung.

If you're still after an ocean view place to stay, you can choose anywhere north of Cairns like Palm Cove or Port Douglas.

It really depends on what tours you're doing and where they leave from.

Horsham
Level Contributor
40 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cairns:

Hi J.S.

My wife and I are staying at Trinity Beach about 20 mins from Cairns at Meridien At Trinity, and if you are after a nice beachfront apartment, check out the reviews of Trinity Beach.

Have a great time!

Regards

Roger

3. Re: Cairns:

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 05:32