We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities in Cairns

Which Cairns hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City
1 post
Save Topic
Activities in Cairns

I booked a trip to Cairns July 14-17. I've already booked a snorkeling/boat trip to the Great Barrier Reef and a kayaking/snorkeling trip to Fitzroy Island.

I have three questions:

1)I was wondering if you have any recommendations on cheap and tasty eats both quick and sit down.

2) Are there any markets open on weekdays that are fun to visit in Cairns? (especially food markets)

3) Do you have any suggestions for Bars/Clubs age 25+?

Also any suggestions on activites on my last day there is definitely appreciated. My flight doesn't leave until 7pm! I'm excited to see beautiful Cairns!

Thanks Y'all!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Activities in Cairns

With your third day I think you should do Skyrail http://www.skyrail.com.au/. To me, it is one of the must-do activities in Cairns. Seeing the rainforest from above is just incredible. It gives you a whole different perspective and is breathtakingly beautiful.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
838 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Activities in Cairns

You don't say where you are staying, but in the city area there are many restaurants of all types - you shouldn't have any trouble finding what you want.

You would be able to go to Rusty's Markets on the Friday morning (17th) - big food market in the city area and other local products and goods. You could then catch the train up to Kuranda and the Skyrail back - it is an excellent trip - just make sure you time it with plenty of time to get to the airport.

3. Re: Activities in Cairns

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2009, 05:17