We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cairns in late April?

maitland
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cairns in late April?

We are planning trip in late April i do feel the cold and would really appreciate some advice on what to pack? Is it shorts and t-shirt weather?

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cairns in late April?

Should be warm temperature in April. mean minimum 21.6.

bom.gov.au/climate/…cw_031011.shtml

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,431 posts
1,569 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cairns in late April?

It should be lovely weather in late April... 21 - 27C

I wouldn't mind some sunshine now...!

cheer,

EM ☺

maitland
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cairns in late April?

Sounds nice!Have you been there that time of year? Also would i need to pack winter clothes? Thanks

maitland
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cairns in late April?

Great weather by the sounds of it, would you suggest winter clothing at all? I am guessing you have stayed there that time of year? Thanks

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cairns in late April?

Warm weather, can be wet weather though. It is still wet season and although the heavy rains dominate during the Jan to March period sometimes it does not rain any less time wise during April, just not so heavy. If not raining the weather is wonderful but do expect tropical conditions when travelling during the wet season.

maitland
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cairns in late April?

Thanks again Verdent, I wont pack winter items then, we are looking forward to our trip, any tips you may have feel free to let us know. Cheers!

North Queensland
Level Contributor
2,162 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cairns in late April?

This time of the year is perfect, I live in NQ and although we get out our winter woolies visitor are always in shorts and t-shirts thats one way we can tell the difference, it can get a little chilly in the evenings but only a light jacket would be all you need. When people say to us 'how can you live up here with your weather' our reply is, we cope with 3/4 months of the year as the rest is heaven

maitland
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Cairns in late April?

Thanks Marlene, I really do feel the cold more than most people, do the local people wear shorts and t-shirts in late april? i just want to be warm and pack appropriate. Thanks again

North Queensland
Level Contributor
2,162 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cairns in late April?

yes most of them do it isnt really till late June that our cooler weather sets in, but as I say if you live in the southern states even then it doesn't feel cool

maitland
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Cairns in late April?

Thanks Marlene, I cannot wait for our trip, and the information you have given us is really helpful,any tips you can share with us on visiting Cairns feel free to let us know. We dont know which would be best for our accomadation The Inn is situated right in the heart of Cairns,concerned it may be too noisy at night, or The Grosvenor which is few blocks away, if you have any thoughts on this please let us know. Thanks again, Cheers!