We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainforest Tour

Which Cairns hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
boston
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Topic
Rainforest Tour

I am coming to PD for 3 days in a couple of weeks for my honeymoon. We wanted to take a rainforest tour one of the days. I have read that rainforest walk in mossman gorge is closed due to construction. Does that mean we will be limited to what we can see when we come. Since the rainforest walk is closed would Daintree Discovery tour or Tony's be better option than doing Silky Oaks tour. I have read numerous reviews on both tour companies(Daintree Discovery & Tony) and both get good reviews. The Silky Oaks rainforest tour is more $$$ and i have heard its not as good. Is this true. We are staying at Silky Oaks for our stay in PD area.

Thank You

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rainforest Tour

I can't recommend any tours as we generally self-drive rather than tour. But what I can say is that you needn't worry about missing out on Mossman Gorge as it's only one very small part of the Daintree rainforest.

To be honest, I'd read somewhere that it was only the suspension bridge (and circuit on the other side of that) that was closed because it needed structural repairs. If that's the case then there's still a shorter river circuit through the Gorge that you can do.

england
Level Contributor
5,084 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rainforest Tour

As has been said there is a short circuit still open at Moossman gorge, we still found it worth a visit. Some people were swimming in a pool in the river despite large warning signs. I saw a snake in the forest, rest of the party missed it as it disappeared fast.

3. Re: Rainforest Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2010, 05:18