We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Did i go on a different tour ?? The Frankland islands

Tokyo
Level Contributor
5 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Did i go on a different tour ?? The Frankland islands

Just read the reviews on the Frankland island tour . Cant believe they were so positive . Just like to say i found some of the crew rude and i felt like i was on a school outing , also the snorkeling was very poor , we were confined to a small beach area with 50 other people , visibilty was poor ( cant be helped ) but coral was non existent or dead . all the time we were snorkeling we were instructed by the waffen SS to snorkel in this direction or that direction and if orders werent obeyed then one of the guards would rush over in the boat and bark instructions at us .After an hour or so the tide went out and waves started battering the beach and snorkelimg area, me and my partner then went to other side of the island, after getting permission from the sturmbandfuhrer we found there it was quiet , no waves , clear water and the occasional turtle coming up for air , but of course we couldnt snorkel there because it wasnt within the excercise yard !! this of course made the trip even more dissapointing . I got the impression the aim was to herd as many people on and off the island in the shortest amount of time . the plus was that the island was very nice and lunch was good . But i think i will head off and hire my own boat in the Philippines or Thailand next time and just relax !!!!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Did i go on a different tour ?? The Frankland islands

If you read the reviews and were surprised they were so positive then why didn't you write a review that reflected your experience?

The life span of a post is fairly short but if you review the tour you went on then it will be there the next time someone looks up information for that particular tour.

If you are to review it you probably need to give a bit more detail on specific aspects of the tour and who the tour company was, etc.

Here's the Write a Review link http://www.tripadvisor.com/UserReview. This can also be found under Quicklinks on the TA Home page.

2. Re: Did i go on a different tour ?? The Frankland islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2010, 14:33