We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation Decision

Which Cairns hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Accomodation Decision

I have already booked a 7 day/6 night stay at the Rydges Tradewinds for a stay in February 2010. I wanted to make sure I had a room booked early. As the date draws closer, I plan on using Wotif and other search engines to see if I can find a better deal. That being said, the 2 main hotels that I have been most interested in that appear to be good values are the Tradewinds, and the Novotel Oasis.

I have read numerous reviews for each and both seem to be very good. The Tradewinds appeals to me because of its proximity to Muddy's (which many have recommended to me) as I will be traveling with 3 little ones. I'm also impressed that Tradewinds managements appears to respond to every review posted -- which in my mind reflects highly on their customer service and willingness to improve. I have heard and read, however, that the Novotel is a nicer, more modern facility.

Would anyone recommend one over the other? And are there any other facilities that I should keep my eye own as my travel dates approach and deals can be had?

Thanks!

Cairns
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation Decision

With three small children in toe perhaps you should consider a holiday house? Most houses have gardens that children can run around in and it is far less cramped than a hotel room. You have the choice of cooking for yourself or eating out. Total Travel and Stayz websites all have a good selection. Happy Holidays.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation Decision

Definitely keep checking for better deals on Wotif.com. February is the wet season in Cairns so good accom deals should be plentiful closer to the time.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a great time of year to visit. The waterfalls are flowing and the rainforests are really green and lush. It's absolutely spectacular! But you can expect afternoon storms and it will be hot and humid.

Being the low season for the area accom is cheap and tours are easy to pick up at the last minute.

Cairns
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation Decision

Being the General Manager at Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort I may be a little bias... BUT

We have the largest free form swimming pool in Cairns which is great for kids. We also have 4 Apple Mac computers with free internet access that both Kids and Adults enjoy. Along with full Kids Menus & Kids Corner in the foyer we are certainly very well equipped for children.

The hotels are only a block from each other so location is ideal with either.

Send me an e-mail at gm@novotelcairnsresort.com.au if you want me to put a quote together. If not, enjoy Cairns, you will love it...

Greg

4. Re: Accomodation Decision

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2010, 05:16