We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit to Cairns and Port Douglas

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Visit to Cairns and Port Douglas

My husband and I are flying in from Perth and having a look around. We have decided to stay 2 or 3 nights in Port Douglas and visit Reef and Rainforest and need accomodation ideas. We would like good location as we are not hiring a car, kitchenette, clean, good pool area for relaxing, and all within a good price range as we are budget concious..

then do it all again in Cairns for 2 or 3 nights.

any advice or suggestions are very welcome, thanks guys.

Mentioned in this post
Port Douglas
Port Douglas
Queensland, Australia
Cairns
Cairns
Cairns Region, Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit to Cairns and Port Douglas

I would probably start by looking on Wotif to determine your price range then come back to the forum with questions about specific accommodation places.

You'll find Port Douglas to be more expensive than Cairns for the same style/level of accommodation, but I'm sure there are reasonable deals to be found.

Without knowing what you're budget is it's hard to offer suggestions.

Mentioned in this post
Port Douglas
Port Douglas
Queensland, Australia
Cairns
Cairns
Cairns Region, Australia
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit to Cairns and Port Douglas

Hi Temp

Thanks for the reply. Budget about $150 and under, planning on 2 days in Pt Douglas to do the reef and Daintree, then take public transport to Cairns?

3 days in Cairns to do Kuranda and relax so hopefully someplace nice to relax by the pool. All within central area as we will walk to restaurants shops etc.

Cheers

seaquinns

Mentioned in this post
Port Douglas
Port Douglas
Queensland, Australia
Cairns
Cairns
Cairns Region, Australia
Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit to Cairns and Port Douglas

It's easier with your own wheels but you can do tours if you want to take it easy. We stayed at Club Tropical resort and were happy with it - central, kitchenettes and pool. You may need more time at PD for reef trips in case of rough weather cancellations. See link for our trip.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255070-i737-k1441…

Mentioned in this post
Club Tropical Resort
Club Tropical Resort
218 Reviews
Port Douglas, Australia
4. Re: Visit to Cairns and Port Douglas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2010, 05:18