We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comments on Itinerary Please

Which Cairns hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dublin
11 posts
Save Topic
Comments on Itinerary Please

I would like peoples opinions on the following itinerary, is it well balanced not trying to do to much, there will be 3 of us two drivers plan on renting a car. Any other suggestions welcomed. Thank you in advance.

21 Day Australia Trip 

Day 1- 4 - Cairns,Great Barrier Reef,Cape Tribulation

Head north through Cairns and the Daintree Forest Area to Cape Tribulation. Overnight in rainforest. All day tour to the Outer Barrier Reef. Go scuba diving /snorkelling.

Cairns to Mission Beach  - 140km Approximate 2 hour Drive

Day 4 - 7 Mission Beach

White water rafting / tandem skydiving.

Mission Beach to Airle Beach-500Km Approximate 5 Hour Drive

Day 7- 10 Airle Beach and Whitsunday Islands Sailing, two day/two night sailing cruise through the Whitsunday Islands.

Airle Beach to Fraser Island - 900 Km Approximate 10 Hour Drive

Day 10 - 13 Fraser Island/ Rainbow Beach Two day trip on Fraser Island

Day 13 - 21 Fraser Island - Sydney

Fraser Island to Sydney - 1200 Km Approximate 12 Hour Drive

Few over Night stop offs -  Brisbane/Nimbin / Port Macquarie. 

At least 3 days in Sydney. Going the first 3 weeks in Feb.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comments on Itinerary Please

Good Itinerary. Just try and fit Byron Bay in there if you're going to Nimbin anyway.

Daintree
Level Contributor
349 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comments on Itinerary Please

Sounds pretty good as a base, just be prepared for weather in the tropics in Feb. It will be the wet season- so lots of rain, possibly cyclones, or on the other hand maybe sunshine....who knows! it's unpredicatble. Just be prepared to have to make changes to your itinerary if there is weather delays, roadblocks etc.

There is no all day reef tour from Cape Tribulation. You will be better to go to the reef from Port Douglas for an all day trip.

White water rafting at Tully (mission beach) is amazing....call ahead to check conditions at the time and expect a wild ride! Skydive....again check weather conditions.

Rest is good. also agree to drop in at Byron on the way to Syd. Youi could also schedule a night at Gold coast or visit their beautiful beaches ont he way through too.

Cairns
Level Contributor
44 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comments on Itinerary Please

Good itinerary looks like you have researched well. Big journey as the country is huge. Have a look here for regional information on Cairns

www.cairnsattractions.com.au

good luck

dublin
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Comments on Itinerary Please

Thanks for all the replies much appreciated. I know it's a huge distance to travel over 3 weeks and also try and fit in as much as possible, hopefully I am not under estimating the sheer size of Austrailia. Fingers crossed that the weather will be on our side. I am sure either way we can rearrange activities/ tours etc and that there'll be plenty of other things to do. Thanks once again.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Comments on Itinerary Please

This is a good itinerary but depending on how many people are travelling with you, airfares between maybe Brisbane and Sydney could be cheaper and give you more time to explore Sydney.

I live in Cairns so I can tell you that the first part of your itinerary looks really good and you've allowed enough time to enjoy all those activities that you will want to do.

Our 3 main airlines are Qantas, Jetstar and Virgin Blue for all domestic flights.

6. Re: Comments on Itinerary Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2011, 06:22