We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape tribulation.... overnight or day trip.

England
Level Contributor
5,040 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Cape tribulation.... overnight or day trip.

We were thinking of staying in Cape Tribulation for 2 night in april, giving us one day there. I looked at the reviews for the "Cape Tribulation Guest House" and 90% of them were negative. I realise this is rainforest accomodation and am not expecting silk sheets and jacquzis, but it is rather expensive and many of the reviews talked of rat and cockroach infested hell holes. We have done back packing in our time. but feel we are a bit to old for that now.

I would like to stay at least one night in the area to get a feel for the place and everyone stated that the location was magnificent. To short circuit my research, has any one experience of staying anywhere they can recomend.

Alternatively, if you made a realy early start, could you do it as a day trip from Cairns, getting back late. I believe tour buses go up there for the day.

Thanks

Passions of Paradise Reef Tour
Day Trips, Scuba & Snorkeling, Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours
Spirit of Cairns
Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Bad Fishy Jet Boating
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Speed Boats Tours
South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape tribulation.... overnight or day trip.

we left port douglas at 9 and were back by 4. did detours to cow bay, did a forest walk, walked cape trib beach, had lunch at cow bay pub and coffee at daintree village on the way back. so a day trip is possible if u just want to get a feel for the place. we had our own transport.

Edited: 31 January 2011, 20:47
cairns
Level Contributor
519 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape tribulation.... overnight or day trip.

HI trickster9

Just letting you know there are a few places to to stay up at Cap/Trib

You can easly do it in a day if you want

mosiewigs

3. Re: Cape tribulation.... overnight or day trip.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2015, 15:11
England
Level Contributor
5,040 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape tribulation.... overnight or day trip.

Thanks Guys 'n Gals

Good replies

We will have a car, so at the mo' looks like a very early start from Carins and come back same day.

If i think back to our '90 trip , we stayed at Yorkys Knob (what a great sounding place), and did a day trip to port Douglas and Mossman Gorge, which we can do again as a separate trip, and so won't take up time stopping there on the way up to Trib.

That's unless someone comes up with a fab place to stay there

5. Re: Cape tribulation.... overnight or day trip.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 18:22