We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saturday market near the lagoon

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
702 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Saturday market near the lagoon

Hi all,

We intend to visit Cairns over the post-Christmas/New Year period and will be staying at the Marina.

I wonder if anyone can advise whether the market will be held on Saturday the thirtieth?

... and also, what to do on NYE? Do we let off crackers in FNQ, or do we sit in the room and watch the usual Sidders effort?

Your shared knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers ツ

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saturday market near the lagoon

The markets on the Esplanade are usually held every Saturday, but there is a City Market on Wednesdays.

Check the Cairns Regional Council site, they usually have information about the markets on the site and the New Years events.

Of course there are NY's events in North Qld, unless they are rained out of course, but you won't be setting off any firecrackers yourself in Qld. as they don't sell them up here, banned years ago.

Only licensed operators allowed for events like NY's.

LTB

Edited: 01 July 2011, 10:25
cairns
Level Contributor
519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saturday market near the lagoon

Hi

the info about the markets is correct, as for NYE there are usually two lots of fireworks on the Esplanade one early for the children then later for the adults

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
702 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saturday market near the lagoon

Thank you both for your replies... I'm sorry to get back to you so late but I had a total computer meltdown and am just getting my life back.

Thanks, once again, for your advice.

Cheers ツ

4. Re: Saturday market near the lagoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 12:16