We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel near beach

Which Cairns hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Que
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
hotel near beach

I'm looking for a hotel/apt within walking distance to a beach. We are landing at Cairn on Oct 22 after 4 continuous plane flights. I'm sure we are going to be exhausted.

We've already booked our car for 3 weeks. Next will be booking a place to stay for approx 5-6 days. I'm looking for something outside of Cairns, maybe the Trinity beach area? Any recent reviews on the Sea Point on Trinity, would be appreciated. :-)

Next stop will be Port Douglas. I'd love to see the Daintree Rainforests.

We are then travelling back the coast to Sydney. Any estimate on the amount of days it will take? I'd like to plan a itinerary of sights, but looking at a map and travelling it are two different things.

I'm adventurous in mind..but we are both in late 50's and I suffer with a back issue.

thanks for any advise :-)

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
63 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel near beach

depending on your budget there are great apartments at Trinity Beach which is a smaller less touristy beach with a couple of restaurants (and a longer walk to some shops). Or there are heaps of apartments and units right up to the 5 star at Palm Cove which is more touristy but there are lots of lovely restaurants, some shops, a long beach, a wharf where you can even hire a fishing rod for a few hours. A lot of the accommodation has sea views too.

Are you planning on driving from Port Douglas to Sydney? This will be a very long drive and your back might not cope with so many days in the car. Its like trying to drive from Montreal to Florida. Have you considered flying from Cairns back to Brisbane and then driving from Brisbane down to Sydney which is a lovely scenic drive down the coast which would take about 3 or 4 days taking it easily. If you are determined to drive from Port Douglas to Sydney allow at least 7 - 10 days so you don't suffer any back problems.

Montreal, Que
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel near beach

ty Oscat. I have done the Montreal to Florida trip.. we did it in 3 1/2 days..very unpleasant..and that was with a good back.

I've been writing a journal of sorts, of areas to stop and stay at for a day or 2. So much to see and do.. I am more of a scenery/water (rainforest, reef and waterfalls) type, than restaurants and shops. Oh I will be shopping but my priority will be to see as much of Australia as I can do.

This trip is my dream of a lifetime :-)

3. Re: hotel near beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 05:17