We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GBR-day tour or multiday sail?

Ottawa, Canada
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
GBR-day tour or multiday sail?

I am booking my honeymoon in Sept. We are thinking 3 or 4 days in Cairns.

I really want to see the GBR. I am thinking it would be lovely to take a sailing trip.

Or is it better to do just day trips?

Suggestions on companies for multi-day or day trips? I want to have a nice company but I dont have a small fortune to spend!!

Surprise, Arizona
Level Contributor
64 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GBR-day tour or multiday sail?

I'm also planning a GBR trip. I found lots of helpful information at divethereef.com.au In fact, the local info page caused me to change the dates of our trip from March to September.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GBR-day tour or multiday sail?

Hi, If all you want to do in Cairns is visit the GBR then I'd suggest a liveaboard boat; Go to my website which gives you an array of recommendations for dive/reef trips

what-about-cairns-australia.com/Scuba-Diving…

If you want to do other things in Cairns, then check out some of my suggested day trips

what-about-cairns-australia.com/cairns-day-t…

September is a lovely time of year to come here.

Wentworth Falls...
Level Contributor
172 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GBR-day tour or multiday sail?

Another vote from me, definitely do the multi day trips vs a day trip, well worth whatever extra in cost.

4. Re: GBR-day tour or multiday sail?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 19:50