We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuranda vs Daintree for daytrip from Cairns

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kuranda vs Daintree for daytrip from Cairns

I am reconsidering going to Kuranda after reading mixed reviews. What is there to see? Skyrail/train also had mixed reviews....should I go skyrail both ways?? Or am I better off going to Daintree....is it possible to go there and back in 1 day from Cairns??? Would it be self-drive or tour? Please help as I want to spend 3 days in Cairns wisely!!!!

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuranda vs Daintree for daytrip from Cairns

If i had to choose between Kuranda and the Daintree,it would definately be the Daintree.There are many tours and daytrips heading into the rainforest but i have always stayed 7+ days up at Cape Trib. so i can't recommend any tours.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuranda vs Daintree for daytrip from Cairns

Hi lissa

If you had to make a choice between the two then definately choose Daintree,the oldest living rainforest in the world.You can go up and back in a day from Cairns,it is a long way but worth it.

There are no known "small operators"from Cairns as most travel in large buses and large 4WD vehcile that sit a dozen or more.

Try Billy Tea Safaris,they have a good reputation out of Cairns.