We are 3-generation looking to rent a 4-br vacation home in the region for 3-4 days but are having a hard time deciding which town to stay. We are willing to pay for good accommodation and good location but don't have to be over the top.
Should we stay close to Cairns? Palm Cove? Or Cliffton Beach, Port Douglas? Some Australian told me she prefers Port Douglas but I don't know why. What is the difference between these towns? We may not rent a car since we are not used to driving on the right side of the car and we have a big group so likely will need a big car (like a mini bus) to fit us all.
Here's my list of priorities:
- Safe & convenient location in a good part of town - maybe close to grocery store, and the central place where we can take a day trip.
- Nice clean house; more contemporary furnishing (Bali theme or other theme is fine but not old and stuffy)
- Air conditioning - I was told this is necessary for the summer
- Views / beach are good but not necessary since we are only spending a short time there and will likely be out most of the days.
- Swimming pool / spa is nice
- Towels and linen supplied
- Would be nice to have some cooking essentials like cooking oil and spices.
Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated!