We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apex Car hire cairns airport

Wagga Wagga...
Level Contributor
13 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Apex Car hire cairns airport

Hello, has anyone hired from apex car hire? Did you have any problems? They have good prices including unlimited kms and low excess.

68 replies to this topic
central coast nsw
Level Contributor
522 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apex Car hire cairns airport

Sorry havent dealt with them but having been to Cairns & used a rental car I'd suggest that no matter you choose to use to rent from - READ THE FINE PRINT.

Many company's in CAirns have restrictions as to where you are able to take their cars - a favourite is staying south of the Daintree Ferry which rules out getting to Cape Tribulation.

The other thing that comes to mind if that a deal sounds to good to be true..... it generally is.

cairns
Level Contributor
519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apex Car hire cairns airport

Hi

I recently had to rent a hire car i found that Hertz rentals to be quite good, but remember to take photos of any marks on car (scratches) etc

Regards mosiewigs

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,464 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apex Car hire cairns airport

Apex is a company with a very good reputation in New Zealand, which is expanding into Australia.

Warwick
Level Contributor
412 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apex Car hire cairns airport

Contacted them and you can take cars into Cape tribulation.

Wagga Wagga...
Level Contributor
13 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apex Car hire cairns airport

Thanks very much for the info. We think we will give them a try.

phnom penh
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apex Car hire cairns airport

Hurrah- I will try apex and avoid parking under trees!

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Apex Car hire cairns airport

Soooo. Did you try them? I've been looking at Apex for car hire but would love your opinion if you did hire a car from them.

Coffs Harbour, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Apex Car hire cairns airport

Recently pre-booked a car from Apex Car Rentals in Cairns. Price was very reasonable compared to other companies. Airport and accommodation pick-up service included. Received a brand new Hyundai Elantra for the 5 days. Excellent Service. Could not fault this company. Highly recommend.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
120 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Apex Car hire cairns airport

I agree with Jane0613, we hired a car from Apex in brisbane for 2 weeks last year, We to had a new Hyudai Elantra (real nice to drive). No problems with the car or the company, the staff there were very freindly and took plenty of time to explain things, best price by comparison. I to would recommend

gloucestershire
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Apex Car hire cairns airport

Found apex to be best value, Hyundai i45 very roomy their limitations on use are better than bigger companies.

Reply to: Apex Car hire cairns airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted