We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apex Car hire cairns airport

Wagga Wagga...
Level Contributor
13 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Apex Car hire cairns airport

Hello, has anyone hired from apex car hire? Did you have any problems? They have good prices including unlimited kms and low excess.

68 replies to this topic
christchurch nz
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Apex Car hire cairns airport

We hired a mitsubishi outlander with the works package, our customer service rep from apex (nigel) was fantastic, couldnt have asked for more

Barnoldswick UK
Level Contributor
126 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Apex Car hire cairns airport

do these prices include insurance?

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,102 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Apex Car hire cairns airport

Apex costs include insurance but you will have an excess to pay in event of an accident or claim on the insurance. The amount of excess and ways to mitigate it can be found on the Apex website

Timaru, New Zealand
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Apex Car hire cairns airport

Just got back from a trip to Australia rented a Hyundai i45 through Apex. Had to wait 30 mins at Cairns airport for pickup. Car was good but the GPS they gave us was rubbish. Had to wait 10 minutes before each outing for the thing to warm up then found it was giving wrong directions. We traveled from Cairns south to Brisbane over three weeks. Unit sent us up non existent roads and frequently didn't recognize some roads. Maps need updating!! Apart from that renting from Apex turned out OK

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
120 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Apex Car hire cairns airport

Techman60

Did you contact APEX when you started having problems with the GPS, they may have been able to exchange it for a more reliable one some where on your travels. We have rented from Apex on more than one occasion and found there cars and service second to none.

Timaru, New Zealand
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Apex Car hire cairns airport

No, the problems were intermittent and besides we didn't want to take time from our holiday to track down the nearest depot and going through the hassle. My feeling is that the equipment should be in working order and maps up to date as a matter of course rather than waiting for customers to complain before getting things sorted. Interestingly, when we explained our experiences to the Brisbane airport depot staff, they just rolled their eyes skywards and said Cairns AGAIN!!

Barnoldswick UK
Level Contributor
126 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Apex Car hire cairns airport

Our experience with Apex was fantastic, would give them 10 out of 10

Edited: 07 May 2014, 18:33
Nelson
Level Contributor
1 post
58 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Apex Car hire cairns airport

Intend to use APEX car rental in August, and will certainly be reporting on Tripadvisor on our return.

Must say at this point, their website & responses is the best to use compared with the others by far.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
49 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Apex Car hire cairns airport

My partner and I are 24 and travelling to Cairns in early August. After investigating Apex on the basis of this thread, I see they have no age surcharges... seems almost too good to be true, but we will go ahead and book with them and report back!

Canberra (capital...
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Apex Car hire cairns airport

Has anyone used these guys and got insurance cover for the excess? If so, what did you use / how did you do it please?

Reply to: Apex Car hire cairns airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted